- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships 3 Years Ago
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case 3 Years Ago
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Today 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Today 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Today 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Rams in NFL Week 2 action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Redskins in Week 2 action Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Seahawks in Week 2 NFL action Today 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unbelievable’ examines the nature of victimhood and the long road to justice Today 7:30 AM
- 5 things to avoid on a first date at all costs Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Packers vs. Vikings in NFL Week 2 action Today 7:00 AM
- University offers scholarship to fourth-grader after he got bullied for homemade T-shirt Friday 3:37 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Valencia Friday 3:33 PM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Real Sociedad Friday 3:16 PM
‘American Pyscho’ author Bret Easton Ellis taps Nash Grier for ‘The Deleted’
Here’s what you need to know about the series.
BY GEOFF WEISS
Postmodernist author Bret Easton Ellis, perhaps best known for his cult-favorite novel American Psycho, announced his directorial debut in April —a series titled The Deleted that will premiere exclusively on Fullscreen’s recently unveiled streaming video service.
And now, in a video posted to Fullscreen’s Twitter account yesterday (below), Vine heartthrob Nash Grier announced he is set to star in the series. “I’ve never been so excited to be in a project,” Grier says, before turning the camera on Ellis, who is standing behind him with a scowl. “Look at this guy. Boss talk. That’s the man. Get ready for what we got coming.”
The series is in its first week of filming, Grier notes. The Deleted recounts the disappearance of three people in Los Angeles, which subsequently triggers a sense of paranoia among a group of 20-somethings who escaped from a cult several years prior, according toVariety. The show has been in development for more than year, though no release date has been set. “It’s going to push some boundaries and it’s definitely going to be the darkest of our original shows,” Fullscreen CEO George Strompolos says.
The Deleted is one of many new projects Grier has in the works. After relaunching his YouTube channel with a five-episode scripted series called Cupid Inc. in June, he is also set to appear in You Get Me, an upcoming feature from Awesomeness Films about two women competing for the same man, resulting in a dangerous obsession.