- Speech pathologist sues Texas school district for right to boycott Israel Monday 5:25 PM
- ‘Fresh Prince’ actor sues Fortnite developer for using the Carlton dance Monday 4:40 PM
- 3D-printed head fools Android facial recognition Monday 3:01 PM
- FCC finally releases emails on Ajit Pai’s ‘Harlem Shake’ video Monday 2:33 PM
- Wall Street Journal website hacked with ‘apology’ to PewDiePie Monday 1:26 PM
- YouTube star James Charles feels ‘unsafe’ after home address leaks Monday 12:28 PM
- Jordan Peterson claims he’s building an alternative to Patreon Monday 12:19 PM
- We might finally see a same-sex Barbie set, thanks to this couple’s Instagram post Monday 12:16 PM
- Tumblr’s porn ban is here—and Twitter’s mourning it with memes Monday 11:58 AM
- Facebook blocks article on Yemeni crisis over photo of starving child Monday 11:55 AM
- Netflix reveals all-star voice cast for ‘Dark Crystal’ prequel Monday 11:51 AM
- Netflix warns users to be cautious of new phishing scam Monday 11:04 AM
- 8 last-minute gift ideas that are popular on Amazon Monday 11:00 AM
- PewDiePie takes big lead in subscription race after YouTube deletes spam Monday 10:56 AM
- RIP, delivery robot that spontaneously caught fire Monday 10:54 AM
MTV launches new YouTube channel and series with Laci Green
Laci Green is going ‘Braless.’
BY JESSICA KLEIN
Laci Green, whose vlogs covers topics like sex and feminism, is bringing her signature style to “MTV Braless” as the show’s host. Green explains in the series trailer that viewers can expect a focus on “feminism, politics, paparazzi, pop stars” and more.
Green’s own YouTube channel, Sex+, currently has over 1.1 million subscribers—that’s quite an audience already built in for MTV’s new Internet show. Green will provide non-video content for MTV, as well, as part of her pact with the company. Her written stories will show up on MTV.com.
The first episode of “MTV Braless” is set to debut on Nov. 4. The episode will explore Taylor Swift’s status as a feminist.
New episodes will come out every week on the series’ dedicated YouTube channel for 12 weeks total (so far). Kornhaber Brown produces “MTV Braless,” which will exist separately from MTV’s main YouTube channel.