- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate player’s trans flag removed for being ‘political’ Monday 7:37 PM
- Does Donald Trump Jr. know what American soldiers do? Monday 7:17 PM
- Sophie Turner has a hot take on Arya’s ‘Game of Thrones’ sex scene Monday 6:50 PM
- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Monday 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Monday 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Monday 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Monday 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Monday 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Monday 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Monday 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Monday 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Monday 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Monday 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Monday 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Monday 12:15 PM
The 18-year-old Olympian spends a lot of time scantily clad, but this time it’s for charity.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
British Olympic diver and bronze medalist Tom Daley knows his strong points: an appealing smile, a gift for 10 meter platform diving, and a propensity to show off in public nearly naked. What’s not to like?
Recently the 18-year-old joined fellow Olympians and Paralympians in dancing on the street to “Do Your Thing” to support the BBC’s Children in Need program, which gives grants to deserving underprivileged children. The website explains, “Our vision is that every child in the UK has a childhood which is: Safe, Happy and Secure, [and] Allows them the chance to reach their potential.”
It seems a long way from that mission to a video that includes the Queen’s niece dancing “Gangnam Style” in front of someone in a horse costume. Nonetheless, the video has proven extremely popular, with over a million views since it was first uploaded to YouTube Nov. 16.
Naturally, with a production that big, there were a few bloopers, and this is one of them. At about 1:53, Daley is supposed to turn around, rip his clothes off, and fling them offstage. We can all get behind that, especially for a good cause, right? Well, on one take it didn’t quite work out that way, leaving the bronze-winning god looking just a little more human.
Posted to the Royal Stuff and Nonsense Tumblr two weeks ago, the photoset has garnered 117 notes and a predictably low score from the judges.
Via Royal Stuff and Nonsense/Tumblr
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.