- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Friday 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Friday 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Friday 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Friday 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Friday 12:20 PM
- Writers want this book canceled for misgendering its protagonist Friday 12:15 PM
- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works Friday 11:44 AM
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl Friday 11:25 AM
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet Friday 11:21 AM
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Friday 10:48 AM
The 18-year-old Olympian spends a lot of time scantily clad, but this time it’s for charity.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
British Olympic diver and bronze medalist Tom Daley knows his strong points: an appealing smile, a gift for 10 meter platform diving, and a propensity to show off in public nearly naked. What’s not to like?
Recently the 18-year-old joined fellow Olympians and Paralympians in dancing on the street to “Do Your Thing” to support the BBC’s Children in Need program, which gives grants to deserving underprivileged children. The website explains, “Our vision is that every child in the UK has a childhood which is: Safe, Happy and Secure, [and] Allows them the chance to reach their potential.”
It seems a long way from that mission to a video that includes the Queen’s niece dancing “Gangnam Style” in front of someone in a horse costume. Nonetheless, the video has proven extremely popular, with over a million views since it was first uploaded to YouTube Nov. 16.
Naturally, with a production that big, there were a few bloopers, and this is one of them. At about 1:53, Daley is supposed to turn around, rip his clothes off, and fling them offstage. We can all get behind that, especially for a good cause, right? Well, on one take it didn’t quite work out that way, leaving the bronze-winning god looking just a little more human.
Posted to the Royal Stuff and Nonsense Tumblr two weeks ago, the photoset has garnered 117 notes and a predictably low score from the judges.
Via Royal Stuff and Nonsense/Tumblr
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.