- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Today 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Today 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Today 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Today 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Today 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Today 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
The 18-year-old Olympian spends a lot of time scantily clad, but this time it’s for charity.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
British Olympic diver and bronze medalist Tom Daley knows his strong points: an appealing smile, a gift for 10 meter platform diving, and a propensity to show off in public nearly naked. What’s not to like?
Recently the 18-year-old joined fellow Olympians and Paralympians in dancing on the street to “Do Your Thing” to support the BBC’s Children in Need program, which gives grants to deserving underprivileged children. The website explains, “Our vision is that every child in the UK has a childhood which is: Safe, Happy and Secure, [and] Allows them the chance to reach their potential.”
It seems a long way from that mission to a video that includes the Queen’s niece dancing “Gangnam Style” in front of someone in a horse costume. Nonetheless, the video has proven extremely popular, with over a million views since it was first uploaded to YouTube Nov. 16.
Naturally, with a production that big, there were a few bloopers, and this is one of them. At about 1:53, Daley is supposed to turn around, rip his clothes off, and fling them offstage. We can all get behind that, especially for a good cause, right? Well, on one take it didn’t quite work out that way, leaving the bronze-winning god looking just a little more human.
Posted to the Royal Stuff and Nonsense Tumblr two weeks ago, the photoset has garnered 117 notes and a predictably low score from the judges.
Via Royal Stuff and Nonsense/Tumblr
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.