- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
The Morning GIF: Tom Daley’s wardrobe malfunction
The 18-year-old Olympian spends a lot of time scantily clad, but this time it’s for charity.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
British Olympic diver and bronze medalist Tom Daley knows his strong points: an appealing smile, a gift for 10 meter platform diving, and a propensity to show off in public nearly naked. What’s not to like?
Recently the 18-year-old joined fellow Olympians and Paralympians in dancing on the street to “Do Your Thing” to support the BBC’s Children in Need program, which gives grants to deserving underprivileged children. The website explains, “Our vision is that every child in the UK has a childhood which is: Safe, Happy and Secure, [and] Allows them the chance to reach their potential.”
It seems a long way from that mission to a video that includes the Queen’s niece dancing “Gangnam Style” in front of someone in a horse costume. Nonetheless, the video has proven extremely popular, with over a million views since it was first uploaded to YouTube Nov. 16.
Naturally, with a production that big, there were a few bloopers, and this is one of them. At about 1:53, Daley is supposed to turn around, rip his clothes off, and fling them offstage. We can all get behind that, especially for a good cause, right? Well, on one take it didn’t quite work out that way, leaving the bronze-winning god looking just a little more human.
Posted to the Royal Stuff and Nonsense Tumblr two weeks ago, the photoset has garnered 117 notes and a predictably low score from the judges.
Via Royal Stuff and Nonsense/Tumblr
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.