- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says 7 Years Ago
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views 7 Years Ago
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend 7 Years Ago
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
The Morning GIF: Got them moves like Jackson
Learn how to moonwalk like a champ with these six simple GIFs.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
If there is one thing the Internet is good at, it’s answering obscure-yet-pervasive questions, and among these there is none greater than, “How do I, a moderately uncoordinated white person, learn to moonwalk?”
This two-day-old series of GIFs from new Imgur user Mago Mike will answer that question for you once and for all. With 43,620 views and counting, he’s made an impressive debut, walking away with the (entirely honorary) dance GIF prize.
In case the (annotated!) GIFs weren’t clear enough, he’s added paragraphs of explanation for those who fear to step into his shoes without exhaustive research.
But first: Is this what you’re doing? You’re doing it wrong.
Watch the master:
At last, we know the secret of the true moonwalk!
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.