- Paul Rudd’s appearance on ‘Hot Ones’ becomes an instantly iconic meme 7 Years Ago
- Network of fake news sites in Michigan appears to be right-wing propaganda effort Today 6:30 AM
- ‘BoJack Horseman’ hints at a brutal reckoning in its final season Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
The Morning GIF: Kitten chaser
Lil Bub is helping you transition out of election coverage.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
It’s okay, you can come out now; the election’s over. Time to step away from the Tumblr and get back to whatever remains of your career and leisure time. This is the first GIF of the rest of your life.
Sometimes, particularly after a spell of heavy going, you’ve just gotta bust out the meaningless furball and give your brain the feline equivalent of a unicorn chaser. A refreshing little amuse-brain—nothing heavy, nothing you’ll regret the next day.
Say hello to Lil Bub. The Internet’s new favorite cat is a little overloaded on election info himself, as you can see from his blog (really? People were writing in “Lil Bub”?). This little snub-nosed tabby’s Inception moment is just what the doctor ordered for the morning after the election. Let it do for you what it’s done for 27,415 people on Tumblr already as it smooths out some of that inconveniently bumpy frontal cortex.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.