- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
The Morning GIF: Kitten chaser
Lil Bub is helping you transition out of election coverage.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
It’s okay, you can come out now; the election’s over. Time to step away from the Tumblr and get back to whatever remains of your career and leisure time. This is the first GIF of the rest of your life.
Sometimes, particularly after a spell of heavy going, you’ve just gotta bust out the meaningless furball and give your brain the feline equivalent of a unicorn chaser. A refreshing little amuse-brain—nothing heavy, nothing you’ll regret the next day.
Say hello to Lil Bub. The Internet’s new favorite cat is a little overloaded on election info himself, as you can see from his blog (really? People were writing in “Lil Bub”?). This little snub-nosed tabby’s Inception moment is just what the doctor ordered for the morning after the election. Let it do for you what it’s done for 27,415 people on Tumblr already as it smooths out some of that inconveniently bumpy frontal cortex.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.