- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors 7 Years Ago
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ 7 Years Ago
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix 7 Years Ago
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Today 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Today 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Today 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Today 1:27 PM
- Brad Pitt confronts his daddy issues in the sci-fi epic ‘Ad Astra’ Today 1:20 PM
- People are stanning Elizabeth Warren’s respect for a train’s quiet car Today 1:16 PM
- Far-right mobs attacked queer kids after first Pride in Ukraine city Today 1:13 PM
- Influencer who photoshopped clouds into photos is partnering with the editing app Today 12:34 PM
- Lupita Nyong’o and Danai Gurira team up for ‘Americanah’ Today 12:29 PM
- Video shows cop mocking Black ninth-grader who was detained at bus stop Today 12:27 PM
- Has Trump reversed course on fighting a war for the Saudis? Today 12:20 PM
- These iOS 13 features will have you racing to update your iPhone on Sept. 19 Today 12:05 PM
The Morning GIF: Kitten chaser
Lil Bub is helping you transition out of election coverage.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
It’s okay, you can come out now; the election’s over. Time to step away from the Tumblr and get back to whatever remains of your career and leisure time. This is the first GIF of the rest of your life.
Sometimes, particularly after a spell of heavy going, you’ve just gotta bust out the meaningless furball and give your brain the feline equivalent of a unicorn chaser. A refreshing little amuse-brain—nothing heavy, nothing you’ll regret the next day.
Say hello to Lil Bub. The Internet’s new favorite cat is a little overloaded on election info himself, as you can see from his blog (really? People were writing in “Lil Bub”?). This little snub-nosed tabby’s Inception moment is just what the doctor ordered for the morning after the election. Let it do for you what it’s done for 27,415 people on Tumblr already as it smooths out some of that inconveniently bumpy frontal cortex.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.