- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck 7 Years Ago
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark 7 Years Ago
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Today 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Today 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Today 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Today 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Today 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Today 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Today 10:50 AM
- YouTuber renames small town ‘Gay Hell’ to defy Trump Pride policy Today 10:43 AM
- John Cusack blames Twitter bot for anti-Semitic tweet Today 10:18 AM
- YouTube rapper who glorifies pimping has been charged with human trafficking Today 10:09 AM
- Amy Klobuchar lists net neutrality as part of her 100-day plan for presidency Today 8:54 AM
- Reddit just banned the NBA Streams subreddit Today 8:17 AM
- How to watch ‘Drunk History’ for free Today 8:00 AM
Lil Bub is helping you transition out of election coverage.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
It’s okay, you can come out now; the election’s over. Time to step away from the Tumblr and get back to whatever remains of your career and leisure time. This is the first GIF of the rest of your life.
Sometimes, particularly after a spell of heavy going, you’ve just gotta bust out the meaningless furball and give your brain the feline equivalent of a unicorn chaser. A refreshing little amuse-brain—nothing heavy, nothing you’ll regret the next day.
Say hello to Lil Bub. The Internet’s new favorite cat is a little overloaded on election info himself, as you can see from his blog (really? People were writing in “Lil Bub”?). This little snub-nosed tabby’s Inception moment is just what the doctor ordered for the morning after the election. Let it do for you what it’s done for 27,415 people on Tumblr already as it smooths out some of that inconveniently bumpy frontal cortex.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.