- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream Today 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Today 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
It’s a walk-off! Model Karlie Kloss gets paid good money to move like this.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
How would you like to get paid to walk? Top international model Karlie Kloss does, and today’s Morning GIF makes it clear why.
At 20, she’s already been a professional model for six years, having signed with Elite in 2007. She’s said that her background in ballet has helped her enormously on the catwalk, but there are some things that just can’t be taught. Kloss has a lot of them.
The catwalk is the greatest test of a fashion model; you have to show off the clothes, yes, but you have to inject some personality, some showbiz, and when your instructions are, “Walk to the end, pose for a second, turn, pose, and walk back,” that’s not an easy assignment. You try it.
Kloss is famous for her powerful walk, a stalk like a jungle cat—but a jungle cat made out of adamantium, with the ability to fly or shoot lasers or god knows what—and you know she’s going to be fabulous every time. If you sent her down a catwalk lined with Bond girls, they’d all be in tears by the time she got to the end, knowing themselves vanquished.
And that is why she gets paid to walk.
Ladies and gentlemen, Karlie Kloss, photographed by Nick Knight, as featured on the My Kokoro is Brokoro Tumblr.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.