- Trump complains about Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey 6 Years Ago
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Today 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Today 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Today 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Today 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Today 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Today 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Today 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Today 2:49 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sabrina’ appears to have an art-copying problem Today 2:47 PM
- People are crying over these cats’ window-sill romance Today 2:27 PM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme is all about being comforted Today 2:24 PM
- Parody video totally nails what men are like on Tinder Today 1:57 PM
- Twitch star AriLove latest woman to be arbitrarily banned for ‘sexually suggestive’ attire Today 1:47 PM
- The 18 best Korean beauty sheet masks Today 1:25 PM
It’s a walk-off! Model Karlie Kloss gets paid good money to move like this.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
How would you like to get paid to walk? Top international model Karlie Kloss does, and today’s Morning GIF makes it clear why.
At 20, she’s already been a professional model for six years, having signed with Elite in 2007. She’s said that her background in ballet has helped her enormously on the catwalk, but there are some things that just can’t be taught. Kloss has a lot of them.
The catwalk is the greatest test of a fashion model; you have to show off the clothes, yes, but you have to inject some personality, some showbiz, and when your instructions are, “Walk to the end, pose for a second, turn, pose, and walk back,” that’s not an easy assignment. You try it.
Kloss is famous for her powerful walk, a stalk like a jungle cat—but a jungle cat made out of adamantium, with the ability to fly or shoot lasers or god knows what—and you know she’s going to be fabulous every time. If you sent her down a catwalk lined with Bond girls, they’d all be in tears by the time she got to the end, knowing themselves vanquished.
And that is why she gets paid to walk.
Ladies and gentlemen, Karlie Kloss, photographed by Nick Knight, as featured on the My Kokoro is Brokoro Tumblr.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.