- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Today 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Today 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Today 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Friday 12:27 PM
It’s a walk-off! Model Karlie Kloss gets paid good money to move like this.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
How would you like to get paid to walk? Top international model Karlie Kloss does, and today’s Morning GIF makes it clear why.
At 20, she’s already been a professional model for six years, having signed with Elite in 2007. She’s said that her background in ballet has helped her enormously on the catwalk, but there are some things that just can’t be taught. Kloss has a lot of them.
The catwalk is the greatest test of a fashion model; you have to show off the clothes, yes, but you have to inject some personality, some showbiz, and when your instructions are, “Walk to the end, pose for a second, turn, pose, and walk back,” that’s not an easy assignment. You try it.
Kloss is famous for her powerful walk, a stalk like a jungle cat—but a jungle cat made out of adamantium, with the ability to fly or shoot lasers or god knows what—and you know she’s going to be fabulous every time. If you sent her down a catwalk lined with Bond girls, they’d all be in tears by the time she got to the end, knowing themselves vanquished.
And that is why she gets paid to walk.
Ladies and gentlemen, Karlie Kloss, photographed by Nick Knight, as featured on the My Kokoro is Brokoro Tumblr.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.