- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules 8 Years Ago
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed 8 Years Ago
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight 8 Years Ago
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Today 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Today 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Today 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Today 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Today 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Today 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Today 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Today 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Today 12:08 PM
- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says Today 11:52 AM
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views Today 11:37 AM
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend Today 11:10 AM
The Morning GIF: Jack Nicholson’s creepy stare
Here’s another classic outtake from The Shining in GIF form.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
In all art forms, there are certain eternal touchstones: in poetry, the star-crossed lovers; in music, the majesty of a thunderstorm; in drama, the wise fool.
In the GIF, it’s the creepy stare.
It’s a genre we’ve covered previously, when we featured Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg’s apparent Asperger’s look. That GIF has been viewed approximately 85,000 times so far, and it still hasn’t hurt his reputation, judging by the recent valuations for Facebook.
Nicholson could bring danger to the least likely occasions. That he specialized in creeps somehow only added to his attractiveness over the years. This GIF has 14,588 notes so far from appreciative fans.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.