- Mike Pence, who fueled HIV outbreak, is now in charge of coronavirus outbreak Wednesday 9:15 PM
- Distressing TikTok shows woman being sexually harassed Wednesday 7:49 PM
- Dele Alli charged with misconduct for video mocking Asian man over the coronavirus Wednesday 7:18 PM
- Teen says she is suicidal after bullying video goes viral Wednesday 6:01 PM
- Trump supporters claim Reddit is staging a coup against The_Donald Wednesday 5:58 PM
- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea Wednesday 5:27 PM
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump Wednesday 5:25 PM
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Wednesday 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Wednesday 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Wednesday 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Wednesday 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Wednesday 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Wednesday 12:32 PM
The Morning GIF: After-skull special
Feeling a little green this morning after all that candy?
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Welcome to your Halloween hangover.
How’s your pancreas this morning? No matter how bad a booze hangover is, it’s dwarfed by a sugar hangover.
Oh, we know how it went. “I’m not sure that chocolate toffee is safe, Aldous, better let Daddy taste all of those.”
Aldous is not fooled.
Nor is anyone else, when they see your bilious bod roll into work somewhat late and very green.
Back in the early 1900s, there was a comic strip called the Dreams of the Rarebit Fiend, dedicated to the hallucinogenic nightmares of those who inadvisedly consumed cheese-laden Welsh Rarebit too close to bedtime. For today’s addicts of high fructose corn syrup and an assorted alphabet of synthetic sweeteners, who knows what nightmares might be spawned by an overdose.
They could, however, resemble this psychedelic skull from Alec Mackenzie. Trippy, techno, about as organic as a Deadmau5 set, this is the human condition in a technological wonderland.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.