- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence 7 Years Ago
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
The Morning GIF: After-skull special
Feeling a little green this morning after all that candy?
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Welcome to your Halloween hangover.
How’s your pancreas this morning? No matter how bad a booze hangover is, it’s dwarfed by a sugar hangover.
Oh, we know how it went. “I’m not sure that chocolate toffee is safe, Aldous, better let Daddy taste all of those.”
Aldous is not fooled.
Nor is anyone else, when they see your bilious bod roll into work somewhat late and very green.
Back in the early 1900s, there was a comic strip called the Dreams of the Rarebit Fiend, dedicated to the hallucinogenic nightmares of those who inadvisedly consumed cheese-laden Welsh Rarebit too close to bedtime. For today’s addicts of high fructose corn syrup and an assorted alphabet of synthetic sweeteners, who knows what nightmares might be spawned by an overdose.
They could, however, resemble this psychedelic skull from Alec Mackenzie. Trippy, techno, about as organic as a Deadmau5 set, this is the human condition in a technological wonderland.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.