- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned after airing viewer’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Tuesday 10:54 AM
Miley Cyrus’s epic VMAs finale included the stars of ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’
Eyeballs in places you never thought they could be.
After a controversy-filled night hosting the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards (VMA’s), Miley Cyrus joined forces with the Flaming Lips and an assortment of RuPaul’s Drag Race veterans for a performance so visually stunning, you will need to watch it at least 10 times in order to see everything.
Flanked by Drag Race stars Shangela, Alexis Mateo, Jiggly Caliente, Willam, current title-holder Violet Chachki, and a slew of others from the show, Miley performed her anthemic ballad “DOOO IT” before shooting confetti out from between her legs with a little help from her friends in the fur onesie-clad Flaming Lips.
Channelling Vogue-era Madonna in a blonde high ponytail, Miley sang as the Drag Race stars around her kicked and death-dropped while performing a kind of puppetry with accessories shaped like giant eyeballs.
Yeah, you kind of have to just watch it.
Half of the song is bleeped out, of course, because Miley’s lyrics included generous use of the phrase “peace, motherfucker.” Graciously, MTV provided a full uncensored lyric sheet on a separate page, revealing that the very last line in the song—which Miley sings into the ear of her Flaming Lips buddy as he laughs—is actually, “Why they put the dick in the pussy? Fuck you.”
MTV also offered a guide to all 30 of the drop-dead gorgeous drag queens that danced in the performance.
Photo via MTV | Remix by Jason Reed
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.