- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back 4 Years Ago
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals 4 Years Ago
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending 4 Years Ago
- The very finest Area 51 memes Today 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Today 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Today 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Today 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Today 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Today 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Today 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Today 11:33 AM
- The cast list for the ‘Kingsman’ prequel movie looks totally nuts Today 11:17 AM
- The best Prime Day deals to heat up your kitchen Today 11:16 AM
- YouTuber Emily Hartridge killed in electric scooter crash Today 10:50 AM
- Is Lashana Lynch really playing 007 in the new Bond movie? Today 10:33 AM
Miley Cyrus’s epic VMAs finale included the stars of ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’
Eyeballs in places you never thought they could be.
After a controversy-filled night hosting the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards (VMA’s), Miley Cyrus joined forces with the Flaming Lips and an assortment of RuPaul’s Drag Race veterans for a performance so visually stunning, you will need to watch it at least 10 times in order to see everything.
Flanked by Drag Race stars Shangela, Alexis Mateo, Jiggly Caliente, Willam, current title-holder Violet Chachki, and a slew of others from the show, Miley performed her anthemic ballad “DOOO IT” before shooting confetti out from between her legs with a little help from her friends in the fur onesie-clad Flaming Lips.
Channelling Vogue-era Madonna in a blonde high ponytail, Miley sang as the Drag Race stars around her kicked and death-dropped while performing a kind of puppetry with accessories shaped like giant eyeballs.
Yeah, you kind of have to just watch it.
Half of the song is bleeped out, of course, because Miley’s lyrics included generous use of the phrase “peace, motherfucker.” Graciously, MTV provided a full uncensored lyric sheet on a separate page, revealing that the very last line in the song—which Miley sings into the ear of her Flaming Lips buddy as he laughs—is actually, “Why they put the dick in the pussy? Fuck you.”
MTV also offered a guide to all 30 of the drop-dead gorgeous drag queens that danced in the performance.
Photo via MTV | Remix by Jason Reed
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.