- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
Miley Cyrus’s epic VMAs finale included the stars of ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’
Eyeballs in places you never thought they could be.
After a controversy-filled night hosting the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards (VMA’s), Miley Cyrus joined forces with the Flaming Lips and an assortment of RuPaul’s Drag Race veterans for a performance so visually stunning, you will need to watch it at least 10 times in order to see everything.
Flanked by Drag Race stars Shangela, Alexis Mateo, Jiggly Caliente, Willam, current title-holder Violet Chachki, and a slew of others from the show, Miley performed her anthemic ballad “DOOO IT” before shooting confetti out from between her legs with a little help from her friends in the fur onesie-clad Flaming Lips.
Channelling Vogue-era Madonna in a blonde high ponytail, Miley sang as the Drag Race stars around her kicked and death-dropped while performing a kind of puppetry with accessories shaped like giant eyeballs.
Yeah, you kind of have to just watch it.
Half of the song is bleeped out, of course, because Miley’s lyrics included generous use of the phrase “peace, motherfucker.” Graciously, MTV provided a full uncensored lyric sheet on a separate page, revealing that the very last line in the song—which Miley sings into the ear of her Flaming Lips buddy as he laughs—is actually, “Why they put the dick in the pussy? Fuck you.”
MTV also offered a guide to all 30 of the drop-dead gorgeous drag queens that danced in the performance.
Photo via MTV | Remix by Jason Reed
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.