- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
Miley Cyrus is not pregnant with Juicy J’s child
The circle of celebrity gossip remains broken.
With the media’s singular focus on Miley Cyrus, it was only a matter of time before a pregnancy rumor started making the rounds. Sunday night and Monday morning, Cyrus was trending on Twitter. Why? She’s pregnant.
That is, if you believed a post on CreamBMP, which announced the “breaking” news last night. The site claimed Cyrus shared her pregnancy news onstage at Sunday’s BET Hip-Hop Awards in Atlanta, and that rapper Juicy J was the father. They even included a photo of the two. Further, Cyrus’s father, Billy Ray, was also in attendance, and was quoted as saying, “She really broke my achy breaky heart,” in response to the news.
Sounds too good to be true, right? This was passed around as truth for a few hours, even though, upon closer inspection, Cyrus was not at the BET Hip-Hop Awards. The photo accompanying CreamBMP’s story is from a Vibe article earlier in the summer. Also, no other attendees tweeted about this earth-shattering announcement.
To top it all off, CreamBMP is a satire site, and a simple scroll through the rest of their stories could confirm that. (Another article from the weekend: “Drake nominated ‘most likely to save a stripper’ at 2013 BET Hip-Hop Awards.”) But that didn’t stop gossip blogs from circulating the rumor in an effort to drum up more pageviews. This is the cycle of celebrity news, where all the headlines come with question marks.
Cyrus had some fun with the news this morning, however.
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) September 30, 2013
If anything, this is great press for Mike Will Made It’s new single, “23,” which features Cyrus and Juicy J, as well as her upcomng album, Bangerz.
Screengrab via MikeWillMadeItVEVO/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.