- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
The Morning GIF: Miguel, his crotch, and the WWE
Landing on a fan wasn’t part of the plan, but that didn’t seem to stop Miguel from finishing his performance Sunday night.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Miguel should have just stuck to singing and left the WWE moves to the professionals.
During his performance of “Adorn” Sunday night at the Billboard Music Awards, the 27-year-old American singer leaped into the air and performed what looked like the Bronco Buster, the signature move from WWE wrestler X-Pac. Miguel was attempting to leap over the audience to the catwalk, but instead, he ended up landing crotch first on top of some fans, leaving at least one person bruised. One woman who got a faceful of Miguel’s man region “ended up pinned on the catwalk by the singer’s right leg,” the New York Post reported.
“She appeared to quickly shake off the unforeseen foulup, brushing back her hair and stepping away from the stage,” the newspaper added.
The Bronco Buster is nothing to mess with. In March famed WWE wrestler X-Pac was performing the move at a tribute show when he accidentally tore his anus.
After the Billboard performance, Miguel consoled one of the injured fans backstage as she held an ice pack over her arm.
“Well, I think it’s kind of clear what happened,” Miguel told Billboard. “But I’m very happy to bring my new friend, Khyati, we just met. Unfortunately we did not meet under the best circumstances, but I think we’re okay.”
GIF via gifulmination.com | Photo via @MiguelUnlimited
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.