- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Wednesday 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Wednesday 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Wednesday 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Wednesday 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Wednesday 8:58 AM
Landing on a fan wasn’t part of the plan, but that didn’t seem to stop Miguel from finishing his performance Sunday night.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Miguel should have just stuck to singing and left the WWE moves to the professionals.
During his performance of “Adorn” Sunday night at the Billboard Music Awards, the 27-year-old American singer leaped into the air and performed what looked like the Bronco Buster, the signature move from WWE wrestler X-Pac. Miguel was attempting to leap over the audience to the catwalk, but instead, he ended up landing crotch first on top of some fans, leaving at least one person bruised. One woman who got a faceful of Miguel’s man region “ended up pinned on the catwalk by the singer’s right leg,” the New York Post reported.
“She appeared to quickly shake off the unforeseen foulup, brushing back her hair and stepping away from the stage,” the newspaper added.
The Bronco Buster is nothing to mess with. In March famed WWE wrestler X-Pac was performing the move at a tribute show when he accidentally tore his anus.
After the Billboard performance, Miguel consoled one of the injured fans backstage as she held an ice pack over her arm.
“Well, I think it’s kind of clear what happened,” Miguel told Billboard. “But I’m very happy to bring my new friend, Khyati, we just met. Unfortunately we did not meet under the best circumstances, but I think we’re okay.”
GIF via gifulmination.com | Photo via @MiguelUnlimited
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.