- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
Hear this: Michael Jackson’s new single is a duet with Justin Timberlake
Really, though, can you call a song “new” if it was recorded 31 years ago?
Michael Jackson died in 2009, but 2014 may be a big music year for the late King of Pop.
An album of previously unreleased Jackson songs, Xscape, will be released in the U.S. on May 13.
The first single, “Love Never Felt So Good,” is a bouncy disco-soul number Jackson wrote, produced, and sang in 1983 with Paul Anka and Kathy Wakefield. It has been updated by a team of producers, along with the other previously recorded songs from Xscape. Timbaland headed up the production team, and if this leading single is any indicator, the producer deftly updated the songs to give them a modern twist without stripping away the essentials.
There are two versions of the song; one is a duet with Justin Timberlake. Both were released by the official Michael Jackson VEVO account.
Which version do you like better?
Photo via Flickr/Zoran Veselnovic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Kate Knibbs is a notable tech reporter and pop culture essayist. A former staff writer for the Daily Dot, her work has appeared in Gizmodo, the Ringer, AV Club, Digital Trends, Popular Mechanics, and Time.