- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
YouTube star Meghan Camarena toasts 1 million subscribers with tribute video
Strawburry17 flashes back to her Owl City viral cover in celebration.
Becoming a millionaire is cause for celebration, and when you’re a millionaire in terms of YouTube subscribers, a tribute video is the perfect party to throw.
YouTuber Meghan Camarena hit the milestone this week and decided to treat her fans to a flashback to her most popular video to date, a lip-sync cover of Owl City’s “Vanilla Twilight,” which exploded for Camarena back in 2009.
In addition to her subscribers, Camarena gives special thank to her brother, who appears in both the original “Vanilla Twilight” video and the remake. She also brought back the video’s original director for the remake.
The video pays homage to her eight years on the platform, with throwback clips to defining moments. Camarena is known off YouTube for two appearances on The Amazing Race with fellow YouTuber Joey Graceffa. Camarena runs her Strawburry17 channel like a TV network, with shows released during traditional seasons. Up next for fall Camarena will bring nerd-themed cooking shows, video game shows, and toy videos.
Screengrab via Strawburry17/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.