- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar 7 Years Ago
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC 7 Years Ago
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Today 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Today 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Today 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Today 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Today 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Today 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Today 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Today 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Today 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Today 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Today 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Today 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
McSweeney’s challenges BuzzFeed to listicle-off, loses
Be careful what listicles you ask for, because you just might get them.
Internet glass display case BuzzFeed proved this week that they can make a listicle out of absolutely anything.
Highbrow humor site McSweeney’s published a listicle Tuesday mocking BuzzFeed’s favorite type of post. In “Suggested BuzzFeed Listicles,” writer Jory John listed a ton of listicle ideas meant to make fun of BuzzFeed’s quest to organize the entire Internet into easily-digested lists.
Pretty much all of John’s ideas—which included “The World’s 13 Laziest Salmon,” “9 Bras Shaped like Waffles,” and “8 Frat Boys Screaming at Librarians”—fit right into BuzzFeed’s wheelhouse..
So, BuzzFeed, being BuzzFeed, responded in list form. They created a special page to bring John’s suggestions to life and created nearly 20 listicles. Some of the suggestions, like “10 Peaches that Resemble Pat Sajak” would seem impossible to create, but BuzzFeed found a way. On that list, they Photoshopped the Wheel of Fortune host’s face onto ten peaches.
The lesson here is “don’t challenge BuzzFeed to a listicle-off.” With a little rubbing of the Listicle 5000 Machine, they can make any listicle magically appear. (And some of them might even be sponsored!)
Here are our five favorite listicles suggested to BuzzFeed by McSweeney’s:
Watching the entire series should be recommended for any political candidate—or political science major. And wasn’t Lorelei’s mother the best?
A big, cow high-five to whoever thought of “how dairy you look at me like that.” That’s udderly clever.
This easily the most servicey of the lists. Why did no one tell me you can insert vodka into oranges? It’s like a screwdriver candy bar!
Let’s not act like you would be totally cool about a peacock staring at you with its beady little eyes, terrifying expansive wingspan, and sharp beak. Those fuckers take no prisoners so these tweets are justified.
AVRIL LAVIGNE HAS FALLEN AND CAN’T GET UP. SOMEONE HELP HER.
Photo via BuzzFeed
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.