- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
Everybody wins with a lip-sync battle between John Krasinski and Anna Kendrick
He needs to win this!
John Krasinski has a lot to prove.
Lip Sync Battle, a fake-singing game that got its start on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, is his creation, along with his co-conspirators, British comedian Stephen Merchant and Emily Blunt, Krasinski’s wife whose awesome lip-sync performance of Blackstreet’s “No Diggity” totally got destroyed by Anne Hathaway’s epic rendition of Miley Cyrus’s “Wrecking Ball” on the show last week.
After Blunt’s embarrassing defeat, Krasinski needs to win one for the team, especially if he’s going against Anna Kendrick, who is a force to be reckoned with.
In the Spike TV teaser below, Kendrick takes potshots at Krasinski, using a slideshow of Blunt’s pictures as a centerpiece during her mute rendition of One Direction’s “Steal My Girl.”
Not to be outdone, Krasinski takes a shot for the gold and goes full-on Tina Turner with the crowd-pleasing “Proud Mary.”
Update, 7:43am, April 17: Here’s the full battle:
Screengrab via Lip Sync Battle on Spike/YouTube
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.