- The internet is celebrating a ban on ‘gay and trans panic’ defense for murder 4 Years Ago
- Jessica Simpson proudly announces the return of her ankles post-pregnancy Today 5:52 PM
- Anti-reparations speaker has a SoundCloud album called ‘My D*ck Works Fine!’ Today 5:04 PM
- Firearm companies can’t advertise guns on Instagram—but influencers can Today 4:29 PM
- Roy Moore is running for Senate again, despite… you know Today 3:34 PM
- 72 officers removed from patrol over ‘offensive’ Facebook posts Today 3:32 PM
- Cuba Gooding Jr. turned himself in to the police—and it’s a meme now Today 3:26 PM
- Facebook would like to remind the world it owns Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus Today 3:10 PM
- Kutcher, Kunis debunk divorce rumor—and fans reply with ‘That ‘70s Show’ memes Today 3:00 PM
- Yes, Tifa’s breasts are smaller in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Here’s why Today 1:33 PM
- Google admits bug could let people spy on Nest cameras Today 1:29 PM
- The Trump 2020 bot campaign has begun Today 1:10 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in July 2019 Today 12:39 PM
- Suicides in the U.S. are increasing at terrifying rates Today 12:32 PM
- Hannah’s season of ‘The Bachelorette’ goes up in smoke amid drama, receipts Today 12:27 PM
Everybody wins with a lip-sync battle between John Krasinski and Anna Kendrick
He needs to win this!
John Krasinski has a lot to prove.
Lip Sync Battle, a fake-singing game that got its start on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, is his creation, along with his co-conspirators, British comedian Stephen Merchant and Emily Blunt, Krasinski’s wife whose awesome lip-sync performance of Blackstreet’s “No Diggity” totally got destroyed by Anne Hathaway’s epic rendition of Miley Cyrus’s “Wrecking Ball” on the show last week.
After Blunt’s embarrassing defeat, Krasinski needs to win one for the team, especially if he’s going against Anna Kendrick, who is a force to be reckoned with.
In the Spike TV teaser below, Kendrick takes potshots at Krasinski, using a slideshow of Blunt’s pictures as a centerpiece during her mute rendition of One Direction’s “Steal My Girl.”
Not to be outdone, Krasinski takes a shot for the gold and goes full-on Tina Turner with the crowd-pleasing “Proud Mary.”
Update, 7:43am, April 17: Here’s the full battle:
Screengrab via Lip Sync Battle on Spike/YouTube
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.