- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
Florida teen threatened to shoot up school because Lil Uzi Vert hasn’t dropped ‘Luv Is Rage 2’
In Pasco County, Florida, a high school student’s Facebook post last week sparked a police investigation when it threatened gun violence against the student body. Though the threats proved empty, the 16-year-old was arrested for reporting a hoax and the social media threat itself.
Thing is the student was apparently just upset that rapper Lil Uzi Vert had yet to release his oft-teased sequel to 2015’s breakout project, Luv Is Rage, titled Luv Is Rage 2.
“[D]rop luv is rage 2 before i shoot up my school,” he wrote.
This marked threat No. 3 against a Pasco County school this month. Authorities did find two guns in the home of the student, though they were in a lockbox which was missing its key. (Law enforcement was forced to pry open the box to verify that they were, in fact, safely stored.)
Luv Is Rage 2 is reportedly due May 26, though it’s been teased since November.
While we anxiously await the game-changing record by the 22-year-old rapper born Symere Woods, please enjoy Uzi’s performance on breakout single “Bad and Boujee,” but with all the other rapping removed for optimal effect:
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.