- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe 4 Years Ago
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
Also she has a badass wrist tattoo and a Harry Potter poster. So there’s that.
Let me start this off with a confession: My writing and use of dramatic punctuation might suggest that I’m a pretty hip, classy lady, but in reality, I’m all about that Harry Potter, cat lady life. Are we on the same page? Hearing this, it should then come as no surprise that I’ve spent numerous subway rides contemplating who I’d want to narrate my my life. For a while, Morgan Freeman was the frontrunner, because if he was good enough to narrate the dramatic lives of penguins, he was certainly worthy of living inside of my brain. And then I stumbled up Lex Croucher, the dynamic dreamboat behind the channel Tyrannosauruslexxx, and it was settled: Croucher was the best person for the job.
Hilarious, quick-witted, and an expert at deadpan deliveries, Croucher is a hero to every woman whose sarcasm is constantly met with awkward silence mid-conversation. Her channel is a medley of videos, including life chats, monthly favorite videos, makeup and beauty hauls, and notes on why being an activist for sexual education and cyberbullying is so important. And while her hilarious stories originally drove me to her channel—her Valentine’s poems and “How NOT to Date” are two of many gems—it’s the diverse ways Croucher uses her voice that keeps me coming back every Tuesday and Friday for a new video. She’s just as passionate about using her channel to make people laugh as she is about starting conversations about consent, sexual abuse, and self-esteem, and she is able to perfectly strike a balance between the two.
As it’s plain to read, I love pretty much everything about Croucher: her badass wrist tattoo, the Harry Potter poster that hangs on her wall, the fact that she’s written video letters in defense of pigeons. But the reason you should love her is that her biweekly videos bring a dose of laughter into your everyday. While you might look at your horrible Tinder date as a fail never worth mentioning again, Croucher’s retelling of the same experience will make you realize just how important all of life’s embarrassing mishaps are in shaping our full and colorful life stories.
Since starting her channel in 2008, Croucher has been awarded the “Next Up” award by YouTube, graduated from University of South Hampton with a degree in English, and became a contributor to Huffington Post United Kingdom. She has already started making the world a better place through her online content, and it will be a pleasure watching Croucher continue to change the world through her passion and brilliant British humor.
Screengrab via tyrannosauruslexxx/YouTube
Carly Lanning is a journalist who covers social media. Her work has been published by Psychology Today, NBC, Thrillist, and Ms. Magazine.