- Twitch streamer says she’s receiving backlash for ‘getting men banned’ 1 Year Ago
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fulfilled a twisted version of its biggest prophecy Today 8:17 AM
- Minions memes are more popular than the far-right on Telegram Today 7:35 AM
- ‘Best of Nextdoor’ reveals the true insanity of modern life Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Jeopardy’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- There’s a water bottle hiding in the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:46 AM
- What happens to Disney’s Loki TV series after ‘Avengers: Endgame’? Today 6:30 AM
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:25 AM
- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Disney XD online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
Jaguar PS/Shutterstock (Licensed)
On Wednesday, Leslie Jones went to the gym and posted a selfie. You’ve seen these on Instagram: They are motivational and celebratory, and often facing a mirror. Then things took a dark turn.
“Ok back to cardio. But confession I feel like I’m doing it for nothing… I’m healthy and look good but I really feel like ‘what’s it all for’ if the people you want to notice don’t. I just feel like I might die alone. Sorry that’s pretty heavy today!!” the Saturday Night Live star wrote.
Ok back to cardio. But confession I feel like I’m doing it for nothing. I know it not I’m healthy and look good but I really feel like “what’s it all for” if the people you want to notice don’t. I just feel like I might die alone. Sorry that’s pretty heavy today!! @trainwiththaddeus
A post shared by Leslie Jones (@lesdogggg) on
Jones struck a nerve and landed on a disruptive truth: What is the point? It’s a universally painful notion that we all ponder when we feel alone and insecure, but Jones actually put it out there with the vulnerability of a poet. Luckily for everyone, she’s a beloved comic with many thankful fans who rushed to her aid.
More than 4,500 comments, almost universally of support, filled out her Instagram. Ditto Jones’ Twitter.
Jones is headed to South Korea this month for the Olympics. After the boost of affection, she seems ready.
— NBC Olympics (@NBCOlympics) January 31, 2018
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.