This Gmail screengrab is too good to be true.
Every day, the Daily Dot finds something that people on Facebook are sharing and, in turn, shares it with you—with a little explanation. Here’s today’s share.
LeBron James uses the Internet, we assume, but he doesn’t express much personality online. His Twitter account is pretty bland, and we’re not at all sure how often he’s actually doing the tweeting.
So ESPN’s Grantland.com, a long-form sportswriting and humor site, commissioned a doctored photo that shows just what James’s Gmail screen might look like. Spoiler alert: he pretty much only communicates with basketball personalities and people running for president.
A few revelations gleaned from fake email subjects:
- Kobe Bryant uses human breast milk for “longevity.”
- Dwight Howard has asked James where he should play next year approximately 37 times.
- Michael Jordan sends James unwarranted, disparaging, trash-talking emails: “I’ve taken shits more historic.”
- LeBron gets into email arguments with the creators of LOST over the show’s ending.
- NBA commissioner David Stern has the next season already planned out: “I’ve decided you’ll play the Lakers in the finals and win in six games.”
At almost 5,000 shares, it’s by far Grantland’s most successful recent Facebook post. Most fans love it.
“This has got to be one of the funniest pics ever. Lol!! Spilled soda out my nose!” wrote Brian Asp, for example. But none are as excited as the fictional Charles Barkley, who excitedly started an email “YOU GUYS,” under the subject “Never ending pasta is back at the Olive Garden!”
Photo via @KingJames
Pure, uncut internet. Straight to your inbox.