- Mike Judge’s dystopian comedy ‘Idiocracy’ is now streaming on Netflix 4 Years Ago
- The 2020 Democratic presidential candidates as La Croix flavors Today 7:00 AM
- Crowdsourcing mental healthcare with 7 Cups Today 7:00 AM
- How to unlock hidden filters and effects for Instagram Stories Today 6:00 AM
- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
If you thought Michael McDonald’s “I Keep Forgettin’” was strictly a yacht rock staple, Against Me! singer Laura Jane Grace just proved you wrong.
The A.V. Club recently partnered with Grace for its One Track Mind series, and as an added bonus after performing Against Me!’s “Pretty Girls (The Mover),” she did an acoustic cover of the 1982 Michael McDonald hit, using the beat from the Cure’s “Close to Me” as the rhythm section. Who knew the two worked together so well?
H/T A.V. Club | Screengrab via A.V. Club
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.