- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Today 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Today 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Today 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Today 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Today 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Today 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Today 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Today 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Today 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Today 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Today 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Today 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Today 10:32 AM
- Trump adds Jeffrey Epstein’s old attorney to impeachment team Today 10:03 AM
- YouTube star Cameron Dallas gets scathing reviews for his Broadway debut Today 9:58 AM
If you thought Michael McDonald’s “I Keep Forgettin’” was strictly a yacht rock staple, Against Me! singer Laura Jane Grace just proved you wrong.
The A.V. Club recently partnered with Grace for its One Track Mind series, and as an added bonus after performing Against Me!’s “Pretty Girls (The Mover),” she did an acoustic cover of the 1982 Michael McDonald hit, using the beat from the Cure’s “Close to Me” as the rhythm section. Who knew the two worked together so well?
H/T A.V. Club | Screengrab via A.V. Club
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.