- Gina Rodriguez slammed for promoting ‘American Dirt’ 6 Years Ago
- Netflix says ‘The Witcher’ is its biggest show. Is it really? 6 Years Ago
- Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for podcast comments 6 Years Ago
- Lizzo reps Beyoncé’s Ivy Park collection in adult-themed TikTok Today 7:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eye for an Eye’ is a fun but messy thriller about revenge Today 7:00 AM
- Which 2020 Democratic candidates post the most cringe? Today 6:30 AM
- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
Lady Gaga uses ‘Minecraft’ to resurrect Jesus in new music video
In her new music video, Lady Gaga enlists the help of a Minecraft star to help her resurrect some historical figures.
One of the most bizarre scenes in the new video for “G.U.Y.” features the Mother Monster herself using Minecraft to resurrect Jesus, Gandhi, and Michael Jackson.
And in case you didn’t get the message that Lady Gaga is a fan of playing with blocks, she then appears with her face superimposed on Nathan Sawaya’s iconic Lego sculpture Yellow.
Any viewers still in doubt of Lady Gaga’s devotion to Minecraft and all things blocky may then be swayed by a scene where she eats Lego fruit on a floating chaise longue.
This isn’t the first time that the controversial pop star has expressed her appreciation of Minecraft. She was so happy with a Minecraft parody of Born This Way that she prompty shared it on Twitter and her Little Monsters fan site.
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) January 22, 2014
So it seems that when Lady Gaga isn’t being vomited on or wearing meat, she likes nothing better than playing some Minecraft.
Photo by petercruise / remix by Jason Reed (CC BY 2.0)
James Cook was the Daily Dot's morning editor. He went on to serve as Technology Editor at Business Insider before joining the Telegraph as a special correspondent covering technology.