- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
KSI knocks out Joe Weller for YouTube boxing championship, calls out Jake and Logan Paul
Here’s how the fight ended.
KSI dominated most of the fight between the YouTubers in a performance that was better than most could have expected from a pair of boxing neophytes. KSI landed most of the hard punches, and by the end of it, Weller could barely stand.
Here’s how KSI finished the fight.
— Josh Katzowitz (@joshkatzowitz) February 3, 2018
After the bout, KSI was presented the YouTube boxing championship belt.
The rivalry between KSI (17.5 million subscribers) and Weller (4.7 million subscribers) has been brewing for months, since KSI left his popular YouTube gaming group, the Sidemen. The two have traded barbs that have included fat-shaming and misogynistic and gay slurs, and KSI has made fun of Weller’s depression.
It’s unclear if the feud was real or manufactured, but the fight in front of a sold-out 7,500-seat arena in London was true. It wasn’t good, but it was real. Just ask Weller, who seemed to the be fan favorite but who couldn’t compete with KSI’s punching power.
Plenty of people watched, as well. With KSI and Weller both streaming the bout on their YouTube channels, more than 1.4 million people were tuned in when the two combatants stepped into the ring. As many as 1.6 million people viewed the fight at some points, and the crowd in the arena was boisterous.
I’m fairly certain there hasn’t been a bigger boxing audience at the Copper Box since the Olympics in 2012.
— Tom Craze (@TomCraze) February 3, 2018
In the first round, KSI bloodied Weller’s mouth, and in the second, KSI focused on hitting Weller’s body. In the third round, KSI knocked out Weller’s mouthguard, and then the referee gave Weller two standing eight-counts before he stopped the fight.
“I talked the talk and I walked the walk, motherfucker,” KSI said afterward. “Joe, you were way tougher than I thought. Fair play, bro. Respect for you getting in the ring and for giving me a tough battle.”
So, what’s next for KSI and the YouTube boxing championship?
“If any YouTuber wants it, you can come get it,” he said. “Jake Paul, Logan Paul, any of the Pauls. I don’t care.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.