- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
Hi, my name is…
Today, the newest member of the Kandashian family was give a name: Saint West. The announcement was accompanied by an emoji interpretation of Kim, Kanye, daughter North, and son Saint, because this is how empires are built.
This news has sent waves of traffic to the Twitter account of Canadian musician Saint West, who hasn’t tweeted from that account since 2011, though his last tweet was especially prescient.
With Saint West anointed with a name that could easily carry a clothing line, people on Twitter quickly weighed in.
Saint West, the first child in America who is also a human subtweet.
— Sady Doyle (@sadydoyle) December 7, 2015
SAINT WEST, A HAIKU:
You’re a new baby
You will always have money
We are all garbage
— Above Average (@AboveAverage) December 7, 2015
I think of what Saint West will put up with for the next 18 years and suddenly his name is brilliant.
— Louis Virtel (@louisvirtel) December 7, 2015
the princes of malibu 2: saint west and reign disick
— xtine friar official (@christinefriar) December 7, 2015
But apparently the name isn’t that original: Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz had the name first. Celebrity problems!
Illustration by Max Fleishman
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.