- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Kanye West’s ‘Yeezus’ is now ‘Kreezus’—the perfect Christmas album
“Build a gingerbread house / quiet as a lil’ mouse.”
Sketch comedy trio, Local Business Comedy, took Kanye West‘s latest hip-hop classic and rewrote all of the songs with Christmas-themed lyrics. They then recorded an excellent Kanye impersonator rapping each of the re-written tracks in the same flow and cadence that Kanye used on the originals. The final product is an immensely entertaining parody album that may be a more fun listen than anything else you’ll hear this holiday season. The musicality of Kreezus is a testament to how awesome and transcendent the beat production on the original Yeezus was.
Sure, a Kanye parody Christmas album titled Kreezus may sound like a cheesy idea, but give it a chance and you’ll be rewarded with lyrics like
“Billions of gifts that I lift / In my red vest — I’m so swift / 24 hours —all on shift / 24 blu-ray — ah-ha gift / Rudolph we leaving in a moment / Your nose is glowing red I know it / I’m real excited, ’cause it’s snowing / Ho-ho-ho’ing! Ho-ho-ho’ing!” and “I just talked to Jesus / He said, ‘What up, Kreezus?’/ I said, ‘Climbing buildings, trying to gift these children”
If you can forgive Local Business’s parodying of Nina Simone’s “Strange Fruit” for “Lights On The Trees” then ‘Kreezus’ may end up being your go-to record while sitting around the yule log with your family this year. You can stream the entire project below.
Screengrab via Local Business/YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.