- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Kanye West’s ‘Yeezus’ is now ‘Kreezus’—the perfect Christmas album
“Build a gingerbread house / quiet as a lil’ mouse.”
Sketch comedy trio, Local Business Comedy, took Kanye West‘s latest hip-hop classic and rewrote all of the songs with Christmas-themed lyrics. They then recorded an excellent Kanye impersonator rapping each of the re-written tracks in the same flow and cadence that Kanye used on the originals. The final product is an immensely entertaining parody album that may be a more fun listen than anything else you’ll hear this holiday season. The musicality of Kreezus is a testament to how awesome and transcendent the beat production on the original Yeezus was.
Sure, a Kanye parody Christmas album titled Kreezus may sound like a cheesy idea, but give it a chance and you’ll be rewarded with lyrics like
“Billions of gifts that I lift / In my red vest — I’m so swift / 24 hours —all on shift / 24 blu-ray — ah-ha gift / Rudolph we leaving in a moment / Your nose is glowing red I know it / I’m real excited, ’cause it’s snowing / Ho-ho-ho’ing! Ho-ho-ho’ing!” and “I just talked to Jesus / He said, ‘What up, Kreezus?’/ I said, ‘Climbing buildings, trying to gift these children”
If you can forgive Local Business’s parodying of Nina Simone’s “Strange Fruit” for “Lights On The Trees” then ‘Kreezus’ may end up being your go-to record while sitting around the yule log with your family this year. You can stream the entire project below.
Screengrab via Local Business/YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.