- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
- Twitter is testing a feature that would hide offensive DMs you receive Friday 4:19 PM
- How to stream Arsenal vs. Burnley Friday 4:15 PM
- The original ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’ is now streaming on Netflix Friday 3:33 PM
- 2 anime series are translating the controversial phrase ‘lolicon’ to ‘pedophile’ Friday 3:25 PM
Kanye West’s ‘Yeezus’ is now ‘Kreezus’—the perfect Christmas album
“Build a gingerbread house / quiet as a lil’ mouse.”
Sketch comedy trio, Local Business Comedy, took Kanye West‘s latest hip-hop classic and rewrote all of the songs with Christmas-themed lyrics. They then recorded an excellent Kanye impersonator rapping each of the re-written tracks in the same flow and cadence that Kanye used on the originals. The final product is an immensely entertaining parody album that may be a more fun listen than anything else you’ll hear this holiday season. The musicality of Kreezus is a testament to how awesome and transcendent the beat production on the original Yeezus was.
Sure, a Kanye parody Christmas album titled Kreezus may sound like a cheesy idea, but give it a chance and you’ll be rewarded with lyrics like
“Billions of gifts that I lift / In my red vest — I’m so swift / 24 hours —all on shift / 24 blu-ray — ah-ha gift / Rudolph we leaving in a moment / Your nose is glowing red I know it / I’m real excited, ’cause it’s snowing / Ho-ho-ho’ing! Ho-ho-ho’ing!” and “I just talked to Jesus / He said, ‘What up, Kreezus?’/ I said, ‘Climbing buildings, trying to gift these children”
If you can forgive Local Business’s parodying of Nina Simone’s “Strange Fruit” for “Lights On The Trees” then ‘Kreezus’ may end up being your go-to record while sitting around the yule log with your family this year. You can stream the entire project below.
Screengrab via Local Business/YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.