- Tom Steyer calls for reparations Tuesday 9:05 PM
- Etika mural added as official PokéStop in Pokémon Go Tuesday 8:35 PM
- Debate devolves into candidates shouting ‘math’ at each other Tuesday 8:19 PM
- Bloomberg rolls his eyes when challenged over sexist comments Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Bloomberg almost accidentally claims he ‘bought’ Congress Tuesday 8:03 PM
- ‘Dick Pound’ and ‘Bisexual Men Exist’ trend together–Twitter goes wild Tuesday 7:54 PM
- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
You knew Kanye wouldn’t let 2014 come and go without giving you something big. Just in time for the new year, Yeezus has blessed us with the release of a new track, titled “Only One.”
The song is a collaboration with Sir Paul McCartney, and it’s reminiscent of Kanye’s Late Registration era sound; the track features simple and melodic piano chords that come together with the lyrics to sound like a soothing lullaby. “Only One” is a proclamation of love for his wife Kim and his daughter North.
Everyone asks me what my favorite Kanye song is. It’s Only One. Kanye felt like his mom was singing thru him to our daughter. This song makes me cry every time I hear it. He releases it at midnight tonight on iTunes. “Only One” by Kanye West Featuring Paul McCartney. Photo by Inez and Vinoodh
A photo posted by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on
Toast to the new year with Kanye and “Only One.” The track’s been pulled from SoundCloud, but you can buy it on iTunes or stream it on Kanye’s website.
Photo via Jason Persse/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.