- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
- Russian bots targeting Joe Biden on Instagram Monday 10:04 PM
- TikTok takes down 2 dozen ISIS accounts being used for recruitment Monday 9:38 PM
- British judge refuses to delay WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s extradition hearing Monday 8:01 PM
- Indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas’ private Instagram filled with Trump connections Monday 7:22 PM
- ‘Bomboclaat’ is the new ‘sco pa tu manaa’ Monday 7:00 PM
- Lori Harvey reportedly trying to walk away from car crash spawns memes Monday 6:00 PM
- In Netflix’s ‘Upstarts,’ Silicon Valley CEOs are the good guys Monday 4:35 PM
- This video of a tree struck by lightning is… relatable? Monday 4:13 PM
- How to watch ‘Keeping Faith’ Monday 3:37 PM
- ‘South Park’ at the center of $500 million streaming war Monday 3:16 PM
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s employees pranked into talking to each other on the phone Monday 2:34 PM
- Twitter bullies brought Jordan Peterson to tears Monday 2:24 PM
- 25 last-minute Halloween costumes for those with no time to shop Monday 1:30 PM
You need to watch Kanye West audition for ‘American Idol’
A producer from Chicago with aspirations of rapping gets his golden ticket to Hollywood.
To kick off American Idol‘s final season, Kanye West showed up for a surprise audition at the show’s San Francisco stop.
The move is a classic case of cross-promotion (Ryan Seacrest, Idol’s host, is the producer for Keeping Up With the Kardashians), and West seemed exuberant at making his case as a producer from the south side of Chicago with a dream. His pregnant wife, Kim Kardashian, waits outside with Ryan Seacrest, saying that she believes in him.
West raps an original track featuring one of the judges’ names, to which J.Lo replies, “it fucking better be me.” It is, in fact, the Grammy-nominated “Gold Digger,” which necessitates four bleeps for his audition to air, plus one for Jennifer Lopez’s outburst.
With 21 Grammy awards to his name, he doesn’t have much to be nervous about in earning his golden ticket to Hollywood, but West celebrates all the same.
American Idol begins its final season Wednesday, Jan. 6.
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.