- New York to ban sale of most flavored e-cigarettes Today 8:45 AM
- How to watch ‘Dancing with the Stars’ season 28 Today 8:06 AM
- Watch the new ‘Jurassic World’ short film ‘Battle at Big Rock’ Today 8:04 AM
- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a Triple Crown-winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles systemic racism in ‘Hello, Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
Stop what you’re doing and listen to this Kanye West and Depeche Mode mashup from ‘Atomic Blonde’
The fusion of the legendary British electronic band’s ‘Personal Jesus’ and West’s ‘Black Skinhead’ is the mashup you didn’t know you needed.
The upcoming action film Atomic Blonde, a super-stylized vehicle for Charlize Theron, upped the ante on Tuesday with its second trailer. Mostly because it featured a fantastic Kanye West and Depeche Mode mashup.
Purists could have a field day with this mashup of Depeche Mode’s “Personal Jesus” and West’s “Black Skinhead,” but there’s no denying that “Skinhead” kicks considerable, modern weight to the British electronic band’s lyrics, especially given the visuals. It comes in around 1:08, on the back end of noise pop band Health’s “Blue Monday” cover.
The trailer itself is spectacular: It has a thrilling car chase, Theron smashing faces with expensive high heels, and passionately kissing another woman.
I didn't realize how much I would enjoy a Kanye West Depeche Mode mashup— Rez (@rez_zilla) April 11, 2017
Taking place on the eve of the Berlin Wall’s collapse, the film features Theron as ass-kicking MI6 spy Lorraine Broughton, who works with Berlin station chief David Percival (James McAvoy) to destroy an espionage syndicate that’s threatening Western intelligence.
Here’s the first trailer for Atomic Blonde:
The film, already garnering mostly good reviews, is expected to make serious waves this summer.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.