- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’
RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars stunned viewers during its season four finale on Friday night when two winners—Monét X Change and Trinity the Tuck—were crowned for the first time in the history of the series. Fans attending the Kacey Musgraves show at the Theatre at Ace Hotel in Los Angeles (two fan subsets that would probably damn near form a totally overlapping Venn Diagram) had to miss out on the exciting conclusion, so the Grammy-winning artist helpfully welcomed the dual viewers onstage with her.
“If you’re here tonight, it means that you’re missing out on the season finale of All Stars season four of RuPaul’s Drag Race,” Musgraves reportedly told the audience, as she welcomed queens Monét X Change and Trinity the Tuck onstage with her.
Then again, maybe not so much “helpfully,” since Musgraves essentially ruined the outcome for fans who were attempting to stay free of spoilers. Many took to Twitter to express conflicting feelings of excitement and disappointment with the big reveal.
Somehow managed to avoid Drag Race spoilers and then Kacey Musgraves brought the winners onstage? pic.twitter.com/11eXvmvHYF
— Tyler Coates (@tylercoates) February 16, 2019
Kacey Musgraves’ Drag Race
— Justin (@jubtrumpo) February 16, 2019
Kacey Musgraves brings out the winners of Rupaul’s Drag Race #AllStars4 in the middle of her encore.
— S E Δ Π / (@ViewTheLights) February 16, 2019
Have been informed that she did just spoil the finale tho
— dan solomon (@dansolomon) February 16, 2019
But according to at least one underwhelmed viewer, the spoiler was apparently the best thing to have happened this season:
Can’t believe Kacey Musgraves just saved this season of Drag Race.
— sam greisman (@SAMGREIS) February 16, 2019
Musgraves also shared some snaps from the evening to her Twitter account to thank the queens for joining her. “CONDRAGULATIONS,” she wrote.
RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE x OH, WHAT A WORLD: TOUR 💜 Thanks for stopping by last night, Queens! and CONDRAGULATIONS pic.twitter.com/n7UkWPPbUH
— K A C E Y M U S G R A V E S (@KaceyMusgraves) February 16, 2019
While acknowledging that she may have pissed at least some fans off.
— K A C E Y M U S G R A V E S (@KaceyMusgraves) February 17, 2019
For what it’s worth, at least both Monét X Change and Trinity the Tuck appeared happy to share the spotlight, which did not appear to be the case during the broadcast. Trinity, in particular, did not have a very good poker face when it was announced that they both had won the competition—as you can see from her rather horrified-looking reaction at the time.
— Christopher Jared (@hackidoo) February 16, 2019
Likewise, when a fan called for a double-crowning ahead of Friday’s finale, Trinity the Tuck did not sugarcoat her feelings about the idea.
— Trinity The Tuck (@TrinityTheTuck) February 15, 2019
Alas, what’s done is done—and these three queens look just fine with the outcome.
— RuPaul's Drag Race (@RuPaulsDragRace) February 16, 2019
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.