- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Today 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Today 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Today 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Today 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Today 11:01 AM
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Today 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Today 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Today 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Today 10:23 AM
- Pose’s Indya Moore goes viral for arguing trans women have ‘biologically female’ penises Today 10:21 AM
- Howard Schultz pens Medium essay declaring ‘unprecedented appetite’ for Schultz 2020 Today 9:56 AM
- The weirdest movie at the Oscars is ‘Border’ Today 9:22 AM
- Did Elon Musk just host PewDiePie’s meme review? Today 8:53 AM
- Loona stans take over Twitter with praise for the ‘Butterfly’ video Today 7:31 AM
- ‘Yucatán’ is a caper comedy that’s long on cons but short on laughs Today 7:00 AM
Orlando Bloom tried to punch Justin Bieber and now the Internet is exploding
Clash of the titans?
TMZ is reporting that the Hollywood A-Lister lunged for the Canadian crooner early on Wednesday morning—and the celeb gossip site has the apparent aftermath caught on video.
You can just make out Bieber shout “What’s up, bitch?” at the start of the recording, before he and his entourage beat a hasty retreat. The altercation allegedly took place in the exclusive Cipriani restaurant—which also played host to Paris Hilton and Diddy that night, TMZ reports.
It’s said that after Beiber exited, “the crowd applauded.”
Upon hearing the news, the Internet went into meltdown, as it is wont to do in these situations. A casual glance of the Twittersphere reveals an abundance of Lord Of The Rings puns, and an overwhelming number of #TeamBloom supporters.
Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom got into a scuffle. Lord of the Rings fans are excited about this real life fight between and elf & a dwarf.
— Lee Mays (@OriginalLeeMays) July 30, 2014
Legolas tried to punch Justin Bieber. Amazing. http://t.co/XmPfmk3pJM
— Laurence Mozafari (@Laurence_Moza) July 30, 2014
Orlando Bloom punched out Justin Bieber. Just another reminder that you don’t have to wear a cape to be a superhero.
— David Hookstead (@dhookstead) July 30, 2014
if i had to pick someone to punch justin bieber, orlando bloom wouldn’t be at the top of my list, but i’ll certainly take it.
— kim windyka (@kimlw) July 30, 2014
— Josh Ong (@beijingdou) July 30, 2014
This dispute didn’t come out of nowhere—TMZ has more details on the background to the confrontation:
“Justin partied with Orlando’s then-wife Miranda Kerr after a 2012 Victoria’s Secret fashion show in NYC and they got very VERY close. And in April of this year, Orlando was hanging out with Justin’s on-and-off GF Selena Gomez. So the bad blood is flowing.”
This suggests the two may yet come to blows again—and perhaps next time, Bieber won’t run away.
GIF via scottymouth/Tumblr
Rob Price is a technology and politics reporter who served as the U.K.-based morning editor for the Daily Dot until 2014. He now works as the news editor for Business Insider, and his work has appeared in Vice, Slate, the Washington Post, and the Independent.