- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
Orlando Bloom tried to punch Justin Bieber and now the Internet is exploding
Clash of the titans?
TMZ is reporting that the Hollywood A-Lister lunged for the Canadian crooner early on Wednesday morning—and the celeb gossip site has the apparent aftermath caught on video.
You can just make out Bieber shout “What’s up, bitch?” at the start of the recording, before he and his entourage beat a hasty retreat. The altercation allegedly took place in the exclusive Cipriani restaurant—which also played host to Paris Hilton and Diddy that night, TMZ reports.
It’s said that after Beiber exited, “the crowd applauded.”
Upon hearing the news, the Internet went into meltdown, as it is wont to do in these situations. A casual glance of the Twittersphere reveals an abundance of Lord Of The Rings puns, and an overwhelming number of #TeamBloom supporters.
Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom got into a scuffle. Lord of the Rings fans are excited about this real life fight between and elf & a dwarf.
— Lee Mays (@OriginalLeeMays) July 30, 2014
Legolas tried to punch Justin Bieber. Amazing. http://t.co/XmPfmk3pJM
— Laurence Mozafari (@Laurence_Moza) July 30, 2014
Orlando Bloom punched out Justin Bieber. Just another reminder that you don’t have to wear a cape to be a superhero.
— David Hookstead (@dhookstead) July 30, 2014
if i had to pick someone to punch justin bieber, orlando bloom wouldn’t be at the top of my list, but i’ll certainly take it.
— kim windyka (@kimlw) July 30, 2014
— Josh Ong (@beijingdou) July 30, 2014
This dispute didn’t come out of nowhere—TMZ has more details on the background to the confrontation:
“Justin partied with Orlando’s then-wife Miranda Kerr after a 2012 Victoria’s Secret fashion show in NYC and they got very VERY close. And in April of this year, Orlando was hanging out with Justin’s on-and-off GF Selena Gomez. So the bad blood is flowing.”
This suggests the two may yet come to blows again—and perhaps next time, Bieber won’t run away.
GIF via scottymouth/Tumblr
Rob Price is a technology and politics reporter who served as the U.K.-based morning editor for the Daily Dot until 2014. He now works as the news editor for Business Insider, and his work has appeared in Vice, Slate, the Washington Post, and the Independent.