- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 5 Years Ago
- TikTok is being used to call out predators 5 Years Ago
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding 5 Years Ago
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Today 11:47 AM
- In ‘Wild Rose,’ a star is born Today 11:39 AM
- The Sinking City realizes Lovecraftian horror in a new light Today 11:16 AM
- The ‘Avengers: Endgame’ re-release sounds pretty underwhelming Today 11:10 AM
- Google employees won’t be allowed to speak out against YouTube during Pride Today 10:43 AM
- YouTuber Etika found dead, NYPD confirms Today 10:39 AM
- Andrew Yang is holding a universal basic income giveaway Today 10:38 AM
- League of Legends streamer busted live by girlfriend after she finds his Tinder Today 10:19 AM
- Samuel L. Jackson roasts ‘Spider-Man’ marketing gaffe Today 8:49 AM
- Trump cites long-dead ayatollah while announcing Iran sanction Today 8:46 AM
- Why a far-right conspiracy about Ilhan Omar is in the news again Today 7:46 AM
- Razer publicly shames female influencer who tweeted about being sexually harassed Today 7:45 AM
Orlando Bloom tried to punch Justin Bieber and now the Internet is exploding
Clash of the titans?
TMZ is reporting that the Hollywood A-Lister lunged for the Canadian crooner early on Wednesday morning—and the celeb gossip site has the apparent aftermath caught on video.
You can just make out Bieber shout “What’s up, bitch?” at the start of the recording, before he and his entourage beat a hasty retreat. The altercation allegedly took place in the exclusive Cipriani restaurant—which also played host to Paris Hilton and Diddy that night, TMZ reports.
It’s said that after Beiber exited, “the crowd applauded.”
Upon hearing the news, the Internet went into meltdown, as it is wont to do in these situations. A casual glance of the Twittersphere reveals an abundance of Lord Of The Rings puns, and an overwhelming number of #TeamBloom supporters.
Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom got into a scuffle. Lord of the Rings fans are excited about this real life fight between and elf & a dwarf.
— Lee Mays (@OriginalLeeMays) July 30, 2014
Legolas tried to punch Justin Bieber. Amazing. http://t.co/XmPfmk3pJM
— Laurence Mozafari (@Laurence_Moza) July 30, 2014
Orlando Bloom punched out Justin Bieber. Just another reminder that you don’t have to wear a cape to be a superhero.
— David Hookstead (@dhookstead) July 30, 2014
if i had to pick someone to punch justin bieber, orlando bloom wouldn’t be at the top of my list, but i’ll certainly take it.
— kim windyka (@kimlw) July 30, 2014
— Josh Ong (@beijingdou) July 30, 2014
This dispute didn’t come out of nowhere—TMZ has more details on the background to the confrontation:
“Justin partied with Orlando’s then-wife Miranda Kerr after a 2012 Victoria’s Secret fashion show in NYC and they got very VERY close. And in April of this year, Orlando was hanging out with Justin’s on-and-off GF Selena Gomez. So the bad blood is flowing.”
This suggests the two may yet come to blows again—and perhaps next time, Bieber won’t run away.
GIF via scottymouth/Tumblr
Rob Price is a technology and politics reporter who served as the U.K.-based morning editor for the Daily Dot until 2014. He now works as the news editor for Business Insider, and his work has appeared in Vice, Slate, the Washington Post, and the Independent.