- Walmart pulls ‘Let it snow’ cocaine sweater, ruining Christmas 5 Years Ago
- The way Facebook serves political ads could be driving polarization 5 Years Ago
- A YouTuber simulated a mass shooting from his hotel room—and then posted the videos 5 Years Ago
- Trump tries another ‘Simpsons’ defense as impeachment articles drop 5 Years Ago
- ‘Rick and Morty’ attempts to contain its dragon with mixed results in episode 4 Today 9:24 AM
- James Comey puts ‘Fox & Friends’ on blast Today 8:54 AM
- Nick Cannon’s latest Eminem diss is not working out for him Today 8:27 AM
- Conservatives want a war on porn. It’s puritanical sex values that need to go Today 7:00 AM
- The year in Meghan McCain news cycles Today 6:30 AM
- Why Tumblr is totally obsessed with 2 characters from Stephen King’s ‘It’ Today 6:00 AM
- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Monday 3:05 PM
When the 21-year-old took the stage to accompany Ariana Grande during her concert at the Forum in Los Angeles, he got a little handsy. During a duet of the Bieb’s 2012 hit “As Long As You Love Me,” the performer decided to go for a grope by pulling Grande into his arms. The singer quickly eschewed his playful advances leaving him with only a salty look.
Big Sean Suppose To Meet Bieber Outside For This One http://t.co/962mIcf0sN
— $$$ (@BAEVISUAL) April 9, 2015
TMZ was first to take note of Bieber’s sly moves, reporting that Grande’s beau Big Sean was in attendance at the event and was forced to bare witness to the grinding. The gossip site later backtracked, stating that the rapper was in Canada during the concert and fired off a few angry tweets after catching wind of the incident only to delete them shortly after.
Soon other tweets allegedly dispatched by Big Sean about Bieber copping a feel began popping up on Twitter.
Big sean bout to go 0-100 real quick on Justin Bieber 😂 pic.twitter.com/eekgYQQUZl
— ????????? (@RealWhiteDrake) April 9, 2015
Yet, the only thing that ever surfaced on the rapper’s timeline was a cryptic sentiment about wishing he could be two places at once.
so many times in my life I wish I could of been at 2 places at once
— Big Sean (@BigSean) April 8, 2015
On Thursday morning, the tabloid that started the beef squashed it by shining some light on the flurry of supposed tweets. After a rep for the rapper reached out to clarify that none of the tweets about the incident were valid the site printed a retraction.”We’re told Justin and Sean are good friends… and that he and Ariana are just fine.”
Amateur Twitter sleuths had already done their detective work, noting the tweets missing time stamps.
People who think this tweet is real are idiots. “Beliebe that.” Are you serious? He isn’t Iggy Azalea. pic.twitter.com/QoWDn2hdxG
— Kingsley (@kingsleyyy) April 9, 2015
But what’s to be made of the tweet where he wishes he could be two places at once? “We’re told it had nothing to do with JB, and Sean just misses friends and family while on the road,” TMZ concluded. Sadly the clarification about the debacle came all too late and other sites had already started running with the news that Sean was out for Beiber’s blood.
There you have it, another social media scandal brought to you by Photoshop.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.