- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
When the 21-year-old took the stage to accompany Ariana Grande during her concert at the Forum in Los Angeles, he got a little handsy. During a duet of the Bieb’s 2012 hit “As Long As You Love Me,” the performer decided to go for a grope by pulling Grande into his arms. The singer quickly eschewed his playful advances leaving him with only a salty look.
Big Sean Suppose To Meet Bieber Outside For This One http://t.co/962mIcf0sN
— $$$ (@BAEVISUAL) April 9, 2015
TMZ was first to take note of Bieber’s sly moves, reporting that Grande’s beau Big Sean was in attendance at the event and was forced to bare witness to the grinding. The gossip site later backtracked, stating that the rapper was in Canada during the concert and fired off a few angry tweets after catching wind of the incident only to delete them shortly after.
Soon other tweets allegedly dispatched by Big Sean about Bieber copping a feel began popping up on Twitter.
Big sean bout to go 0-100 real quick on Justin Bieber 😂 pic.twitter.com/eekgYQQUZl
— ????????? (@RealWhiteDrake) April 9, 2015
Yet, the only thing that ever surfaced on the rapper’s timeline was a cryptic sentiment about wishing he could be two places at once.
so many times in my life I wish I could of been at 2 places at once
— Big Sean (@BigSean) April 8, 2015
On Thursday morning, the tabloid that started the beef squashed it by shining some light on the flurry of supposed tweets. After a rep for the rapper reached out to clarify that none of the tweets about the incident were valid the site printed a retraction.”We’re told Justin and Sean are good friends… and that he and Ariana are just fine.”
Amateur Twitter sleuths had already done their detective work, noting the tweets missing time stamps.
People who think this tweet is real are idiots. “Beliebe that.” Are you serious? He isn’t Iggy Azalea. pic.twitter.com/QoWDn2hdxG
— Kingsley (@kingsleyyy) April 9, 2015
But what’s to be made of the tweet where he wishes he could be two places at once? “We’re told it had nothing to do with JB, and Sean just misses friends and family while on the road,” TMZ concluded. Sadly the clarification about the debacle came all too late and other sites had already started running with the news that Sean was out for Beiber’s blood.
There you have it, another social media scandal brought to you by Photoshop.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.