- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera 6 Years Ago
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme 6 Years Ago
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for 6 Years Ago
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge 6 Years Ago
- A ‘Joker’ sequel is in the works from Warner Bros. Today 11:06 AM
- Is Jake Paul going to fight again? There are plenty of clues Today 10:57 AM
- Ghostemane concert abruptly canceled amid ‘safety concerns’ and reported gun threat Today 10:41 AM
- Trump Jr. retweets UFC fighter who called troop a ‘douche bag’ Today 10:26 AM
- The best apps and gadgets for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast Today 10:22 AM
- Amazon says police can hold on to Ring videos indefinitely Today 9:42 AM
- Henry Cavill on the prospect of playing Superman again: ‘the cape is still in the closet’ Today 9:15 AM
- Why does Pete Buttigieg always tweet ‘buh’? Today 9:08 AM
- Noah Hawley will direct the next ‘Star Trek’ movie starring Chris Pine Today 8:51 AM
- Vidgo is a streaming bonanza of live sports Today 8:40 AM
- Reap the benefits of CBD with these organic CBD tinctures Today 8:17 AM
This “Jurassic Park” theme cover will make your heart sing
This is the best Weissenborn cover of John Williams‘ Jurassic Park score you will hear today.
John Williams’ classic Jurassic Park soundtrack is instantly recognizable to anyone who’s seen the movie or been to Universal Studios. And it’s downright beautiful.
Now the theme, played by New Zealander Thomas Oliver on a German slide guitar called the Weissenborn, will make you cry a thousand tears. If you feel like your day is a little boring, press play and get ready to feel like whatever you’re doing is incredibly important (especially toward the end of the fourth minute).
Oliver is the lead singer of The Thomas Oliver Band who, according to their website, “have taken modern rock by the collar and shaken the soul back into it.” If forced to recast Jurassic Park based on Oliver’s twang-infused, soul-shaken theme, I think Jeff Bridges would play a great Dr. Grant, Andie MacDowell would play Dr. Sattler, and Jeff Goldblum would still play Dr. Malcolm—because you can’t have Jurassic Park without Jeff Goldblum.
Photo via Thomas Oliver/YouTube
E.A. Weiss is a former Senior Social Media Editor at the Daily Dot. Based in Vermont, he now works as the National Growth Editor at McClatchy.