- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren 4 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film 4 Years Ago
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors 4 Years Ago
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Today 2:03 PM
- Reddit users share stories of the worst things guests have done in their homes Today 1:25 PM
- WikiLeaks lawyer says Trump offered Assange a pardon—if he’d deny Russian hack Today 1:16 PM
- 6-year-old placed in psychiatric facility for ‘trantrum’ is seen acting calm in body cam footage Today 1:05 PM
- Amy Klobuchar devouring Ivanka Trump is the 2020 vore crossover no one wanted Today 12:32 PM
- Review: Hulu’s ‘Devs’ is a brilliant work of near-future science fiction Today 11:53 AM
- Rapper Pop Smoke dead at 20 Today 11:42 AM
- KSI says he will back Team YouTube if Logan Paul fights Antonio Brown Today 11:29 AM
- William Barr questions whether tech companies should be protected for user content Today 11:10 AM
- The Bloomberg campaign has reached its post-parody zenith Today 10:35 AM
- Ben Affleck explains why he lied about his back tattoo Today 10:28 AM
- Kim Kardashian West accidentally praises Jeff Bezos for threatening to fire employees Today 10:19 AM
Comedian Jonah Ray made a hardcore Fun Fun Fun Fest playlist
Get in the pit.
Comedian and Nerdist podcaster Jonah Ray will be performing at the Austin, Texas, festival—which runs Nov. 6-8 and features headlining sets from Jane’s Addiction and D’Angelo—and he compiled a very enthusiastic playlist of his favorite songs from 10 festival artists. The folks at Fun Fun Fun Fest were kind enough to share it with us.
You can dive in below, or give it a listen here. —Audra Schroeder
For years I hated NOFX. Not because they weren’t good, but because every asshole in high school loved them. They were the punk band for squares where I came from. This song, though, brought me in and showed me that Fat Mike was a great songwriter and lyricist. This is a song pretty much about regretting the times he wasn’t more knowledgeable about things going on in the world. It’s catchy too!
Holy shit I get to see Drive Like Jehu!?!?! Fuck fuck fuck!! This song rips and is essentially the sound that defined an entire scene in San Diego that would become Crimson Curse, Locust, etc. Also, the drummer runs the best donut shop in the world, Donut Friend in Highland Park.
Never got to see them and again, so excited for to see them live! Their first two albums are huge parts of my childhood. Hell, I still pop them on all the time.
As a former straight edge kid, I cannot wait to sing along with all the other drunk former straight edge kids (including the band) to this song. Last year, I got to see Gorilla Biscuits twice at FFF Fest, and I’m just now starting to heal my bruises from the pit.
Their new album might be the album of the year. Great punk from guys that have been playing for years together. To come back after a long gap after that first album and to have such a great message and even expanding on their sound… It’s a feat, and they’ve pulled it off. This whole album is tits.
I am in love with Mikal Cronin. MCIII is fantastic, and this song has an amazing video for it. I say that because I wrote and directed it. Check it out!
These guys are some of the hardest working touring bands out there today. Such heart and such amazing ethics. They have the ability to be somber, silly, and sincere all at once. This song also has a great video that Deanna Rooney wrote and animated. Check that out too!
Kurt is one of the best comics working right now. First off, he’s on Kill Rock Stars, one of the best labels out there. Secondly, he has this insane ability to be so goofy while having these jokes and stories that are so funny and tight, and on top of that he’s got this overall theme of making the world a better place through whimsy. I can’t say enough great things about this guy.
Don’t ever go see anything Greg Ginn is ever involved in. If you wanna see any form of Black Flag, go to see one of two bands: Black Fag (the all-gay Black Flag tribute band) or go see OFF!
One of my favorite new bands. This is gonna be a nice comedown after watching other acts this FFF Fest like Wu-Tang Clan, Doomtree, Jane’s Addiction, Venom, Andrew W.K., and so many more amazing acts.
Photo courtesy of Fun Fun Fun Fest