- The weirdest movie at the Oscars is ‘Border’ 2 Years Ago
- Did Elon Musk just host PewDiePie’s meme review? 2 Years Ago
- Loona stans take over Twitter with praise for the ‘Butterfly’ video Today 7:31 AM
- ‘Yucatán’ is a caper comedy that’s long on cons but short on laughs Today 7:00 AM
- The best memes of 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- Audrey Kitching is a Myspace queen turned energy healer. Critics say she’s also a fraud Today 6:30 AM
- The best new movies on Showtime Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Aquaman 2’ is already in the works—and it’s going to huge Today 5:30 AM
- The comics guide to ‘The Umbrella Academy’ Today 5:00 AM
- Lightsaber dueling is now an official sport Monday 9:39 PM
- ‘Fake plane challenge’ takes off on TikTok Monday 8:15 PM
- Video meme of a mom dancing with her kids goes viral—again Monday 7:26 PM
- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior Monday 3:36 PM
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? Monday 3:29 PM
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Monday 2:32 PM
Jonah Hill and Danny Brown team up for ’80s sitcom-inspired music video
Detroit rapper Danny Brown released the Jonah Hill-directed, gory and satirical music video for “Ain’t It Funny” on Wednesday. It’s a trip, and you’re going to want to see this.
— 2DOPEBOYZ (@2DopeBoyz) March 29, 2017
The bizarro sitcom video stars Brown, director Gus Van Sant (Good Will Hunting) as the dad, and sitcom veteran Joanna Kerns (Growing Pains) as the mom. The ’80s-inspired clip also features Brown expressing that he has serious drug problems.
Also a Record Store Day release for this year, it’s the latest single from Brown’s critically acclaimed album Atrocity Exhibition.
A post shared by Danny Brown (@xdannyxbrownx) on
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.