- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Friday 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Friday 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Friday 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Friday 9:19 AM
J.J. Abrams tries to plug ‘Star Wars VII’ leaks by… leaking another photo
The Star Wars director took to Twitter to ask that the leaked photos stop.
Once rumors spread that the Millennium Falcon would appear in Episode VII, Abrams finally took to Twitter to shoot down any rumors and to nicely ask for the leaked photos to stop.
— Bad Robot (@bad_robot) June 4, 2014
The location of Abrams’s handwritten message (which isn’t his first) is a curious thing for Star Wars fans. To some, it might just look like a ship part, but some will notice that the note is on what looks like a Dejarik board.
It’s a popular game in the Star Wars universe with a circular chessboard on a hologame table and 3D “holomonsters” as the pieces. If you’ve seen A New Hope, you’ve already seen a Dejarik board—aboard the Millennium Falcon.
Is it possible that this board is located somewhere other than the Millennium Falcon? Of course, but Abrams’s wish for people to stop “making ridiculous claims that the Millennium Falcon is in the movie” paired with the board seem like too much of a coincidence.
We won’t know for sure until we see a trailer—or yet another leaked picture.
Photo via JD Hancock/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.