- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
- Nevada officials issue warnings for people prepping to ‘Storm Area 51’ Wednesday 12:55 PM
A beloved Christmas classic has taken a dark turn with the addition of some modern touches.
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, which turns 50 this year, airs on CBS this Saturday. As beloved as the stop-motion animated movie might be, it could also seem a bit stale to younger audiences.
Enter Jimmy Kimmel. The comedian mixed dialogue from an episode of Maury into the Christmas special in an attempt to freshen it up for the #youths.
On its own, Rudolph is pretty bleak at times. It’s not just that the young reindeer is rejected from those reindeer games; there’s also the Island of Misfit Toys, each of which was kicked out for being different and possibly defective. These themes are perfect fodder for a trashy television mashup.
Ever wonder why Donner initially rejected Rudolph for being so different? Maury’s got the envelope ready.
Screengrab via Jimmy Kimmel Live/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.