- Leaked documents reveal all the ‘red flags’ about Trump officials 5 Years Ago
- Elon Musk, who wants to colonize space, thought the moon was Mars 5 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Legion’ for free 5 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Bolívar’ reduces hero’s tale to irredeemable melodrama 5 Years Ago
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Spain at the World Cup for free Today 7:55 AM
- How to watch ‘The Hills: New Beginnings’ for free Today 7:40 AM
- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm Today 7:00 AM
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
Maury meets ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer’ in this Jimmy Kimmel holiday mashup
Rudolph with your nose so bright, won’t you tell me who’s the father?
A beloved Christmas classic has taken a dark turn with the addition of some modern touches.
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, which turns 50 this year, airs on CBS this Saturday. As beloved as the stop-motion animated movie might be, it could also seem a bit stale to younger audiences.
Enter Jimmy Kimmel. The comedian mixed dialogue from an episode of Maury into the Christmas special in an attempt to freshen it up for the #youths.
On its own, Rudolph is pretty bleak at times. It’s not just that the young reindeer is rejected from those reindeer games; there’s also the Island of Misfit Toys, each of which was kicked out for being different and possibly defective. These themes are perfect fodder for a trashy television mashup.
Ever wonder why Donner initially rejected Rudolph for being so different? Maury’s got the envelope ready.
Screengrab via Jimmy Kimmel Live/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.