- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Tuesday 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Tuesday 1:23 PM
‘Peter Pan’ adaptation on YouTube gets a ‘Supernatural’ addition to its cast
The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy has cast its George Darling.
The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy is getting an infusion of Supernatural for its second season. Jim Beaver, who played Bobby Singer for years on the CW show, will now be making the move to Neverland as the patron of the Darling clan, George Darling.
“For those of us who never grew up, Peter Pan still resonates,” Beaver told the Daily Dot. “That’s why I wanted to be a part of The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy. My other reason for joining the Peter and Wendy company is that my pixie pal Paula Rhodes is a driving force behind it. And I’ll do anything a pixie asks me to!”
While Beaver has also appeared in numerous productions, including Deadwood and Justified, he’s a fan-favorite in the Supernatural community, with his character serving as a surrogate father figure to central characters Sam and Dean. That connection to fandom made him an ideal choice for the YouTube project.
“I’ve always loved the Supernatural fan community, so to be able to work with Jim is hitting me from two sides: As a fan, I’m squeeing; as a producer, I want to make something that both the fans and Jim are truly proud of,” said Peter and Wendy producer Jenni Powell.
“It’s quite possible Jim is my fairy godfather,” continued fellow produer Paula Rhodes. “He’s one of my absolute favorite people on the planet as well as favorite actors, so I’m beyond thrilled to have another chance to play with him.”
The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy is a modern transmedia adaption of the Peter Pan story, with Peter as a comic book artist who never wants to grow up and Wendy as an ambitious vlogger set on seeing the world. The show, which airs on EpicRobotTV’s channel, is currently raising funds on Indiegogo for its second season. With other Peter Pan productions in the mainstream media getting decidedly negative casting reviews, The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy‘s casting choice is a breath of fresh air.
Image courtesy of The New Adventures of Peter & Wendy
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.