- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Today 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Today 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Today 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Today 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Today 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
‘Peter Pan’ adaptation on YouTube gets a ‘Supernatural’ addition to its cast
The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy has cast its George Darling.
The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy is getting an infusion of Supernatural for its second season. Jim Beaver, who played Bobby Singer for years on the CW show, will now be making the move to Neverland as the patron of the Darling clan, George Darling.
“For those of us who never grew up, Peter Pan still resonates,” Beaver told the Daily Dot. “That’s why I wanted to be a part of The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy. My other reason for joining the Peter and Wendy company is that my pixie pal Paula Rhodes is a driving force behind it. And I’ll do anything a pixie asks me to!”
While Beaver has also appeared in numerous productions, including Deadwood and Justified, he’s a fan-favorite in the Supernatural community, with his character serving as a surrogate father figure to central characters Sam and Dean. That connection to fandom made him an ideal choice for the YouTube project.
“I’ve always loved the Supernatural fan community, so to be able to work with Jim is hitting me from two sides: As a fan, I’m squeeing; as a producer, I want to make something that both the fans and Jim are truly proud of,” said Peter and Wendy producer Jenni Powell.
“It’s quite possible Jim is my fairy godfather,” continued fellow produer Paula Rhodes. “He’s one of my absolute favorite people on the planet as well as favorite actors, so I’m beyond thrilled to have another chance to play with him.”
The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy is a modern transmedia adaption of the Peter Pan story, with Peter as a comic book artist who never wants to grow up and Wendy as an ambitious vlogger set on seeing the world. The show, which airs on EpicRobotTV’s channel, is currently raising funds on Indiegogo for its second season. With other Peter Pan productions in the mainstream media getting decidedly negative casting reviews, The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy‘s casting choice is a breath of fresh air.
Image courtesy of The New Adventures of Peter & Wendy
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.