- ‘Christmas With My Father’: Generational tension, without the tension 5 Years Ago
- New ‘Rise of Skywalker’ clip includes a possible spoiler about Palpatine 5 Years Ago
- Teens keep trolling Florida’s new school safety app Today 6:30 AM
- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- ‘Party, Party, Party’ TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
Jimmy Kimmel staged a mini-‘Friends’ reunion and made them read fanfiction
Jimmy Kimmel’s a huge Friends fan and makes Jennifer Aniston play out one of his fantasies.
There hasn’t been a complete Friends reunion since the show ended 10 years ago, but that doesn’t mean people have tried for who they can get. Ellen DeGeneres tried last year, and now Jimmy Kimmel’s doing his part in making that mini-Friends reunion happen no matter what.
With Jennifer Aniston on his show, he ‘fessed up to being a huge Friends fan while breaking a cardinal rule of fandom: He told her about fanfiction. After explaining what it was, he went even further and asked her to read a scene with him all about Ross’s “love-making abilities” in a near-perfect duplicate of Monica’s apartment.
The saving grace about this entire sketch is that Kimmel (along with his writing staff) wrote the piece of fanfiction—and not an actual fanfiction writer—so Kimmel was the subject of most of the jokes and self-deprecation. And it’s hard not to get excited when Aniston’s castmates join in on the scene and act it out with them.
Even with all the jokes, things get bleak when we find out what happened to Joey and Chandler.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.