- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
Jimmy Kimmel staged a mini-‘Friends’ reunion and made them read fanfiction
Jimmy Kimmel’s a huge Friends fan and makes Jennifer Aniston play out one of his fantasies.
There hasn’t been a complete Friends reunion since the show ended 10 years ago, but that doesn’t mean people have tried for who they can get. Ellen DeGeneres tried last year, and now Jimmy Kimmel’s doing his part in making that mini-Friends reunion happen no matter what.
With Jennifer Aniston on his show, he ‘fessed up to being a huge Friends fan while breaking a cardinal rule of fandom: He told her about fanfiction. After explaining what it was, he went even further and asked her to read a scene with him all about Ross’s “love-making abilities” in a near-perfect duplicate of Monica’s apartment.
The saving grace about this entire sketch is that Kimmel (along with his writing staff) wrote the piece of fanfiction—and not an actual fanfiction writer—so Kimmel was the subject of most of the jokes and self-deprecation. And it’s hard not to get excited when Aniston’s castmates join in on the scene and act it out with them.
Even with all the jokes, things get bleak when we find out what happened to Joey and Chandler.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.