- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Jimmy Kimmel staged a mini-‘Friends’ reunion and made them read fanfiction
Jimmy Kimmel’s a huge Friends fan and makes Jennifer Aniston play out one of his fantasies.
There hasn’t been a complete Friends reunion since the show ended 10 years ago, but that doesn’t mean people have tried for who they can get. Ellen DeGeneres tried last year, and now Jimmy Kimmel’s doing his part in making that mini-Friends reunion happen no matter what.
With Jennifer Aniston on his show, he ‘fessed up to being a huge Friends fan while breaking a cardinal rule of fandom: He told her about fanfiction. After explaining what it was, he went even further and asked her to read a scene with him all about Ross’s “love-making abilities” in a near-perfect duplicate of Monica’s apartment.
The saving grace about this entire sketch is that Kimmel (along with his writing staff) wrote the piece of fanfiction—and not an actual fanfiction writer—so Kimmel was the subject of most of the jokes and self-deprecation. And it’s hard not to get excited when Aniston’s castmates join in on the scene and act it out with them.
Even with all the jokes, things get bleak when we find out what happened to Joey and Chandler.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.