- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
YouTube star Jenn McAllister lands book deal with Scholastic
Another YouTube star is becoming an author.
BY SAM GUTELLE
McAllister’s book will be titled Really Professional Internet Person, and like many of the other literary works published by YouTube stars, it will be autobiographical in nature. McAllister will use everything from top 10 lists to photos to social media posts to catalog her life up to this point. It’s the sort of book McAllister’s subscribers (who are more than 1.8 million in number) will be eager to read.
By publishing McAllister’s book, Scholastic, which caters to young readers, will look to capitalize on the YouTube-to-literature trend led by imprints like Keywords Press. “Jenn has an incredible voice for teens, inspiring them to be authentic while encouraging them to not take everything so seriously,” said Scholastic VP and Publisher Debra Dorfman in a release. “Everyone knows Jenn is passionate about her videos and that same dedication is evident in her new book. We are Jenn ‘followers’ and are so glad she is now part of the Scholastic family.”
Really Professional Internet Person is just one part of McAllister’s plan to expand her presence off YouTube. Since signing a talent management in June 2014, she has also filmed a starring role in Bad Night, a feature announced at Playlist Live.
Rana Zand of Big Frame and Matt Saver of UTA negotiated the Scholastic deal on McAllister’s behalf. The book, which will retail for $14.95, is due out in paperback and ebook formats in September 2015.
Screengrab via jennxpenn/YouTube