- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
What a show it would’ve been.
NBC has said little about who else auditioned for the role of Peter Pan before Williams nabbed it, although if you take it from Funny or Die, 30 Rock’s Jane Krakowski had a pretty memorable impression in the audition room in this NBC “leak.”
She embraces her Inner Jenna Maroney again and may have been going a lot darker than NBC wanted to go for—this version of Peter is addicted to pixie dust, has an insufferable accent, and needs applause to live again—but it’s certainly a side worth exploring. Peter Pan may be the boy who never grows up, but how does that affect him? And what does he look like when he’s no longer putting on that happy persona?
A parody it might be, but we’re really missing out here. We’ll feel it more than ever once the actual Peter Pan Live! airs Thursday.
Screengrab via Funny or Die
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.