- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? 5 Years Ago
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far 5 Years Ago
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Today 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Today 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Today 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
Watch Jane Krakowski’s failed ‘Peter Pan Live!’ audition
What a show it would’ve been.
NBC has said little about who else auditioned for the role of Peter Pan before Williams nabbed it, although if you take it from Funny or Die, 30 Rock’s Jane Krakowski had a pretty memorable impression in the audition room in this NBC “leak.”
She embraces her Inner Jenna Maroney again and may have been going a lot darker than NBC wanted to go for—this version of Peter is addicted to pixie dust, has an insufferable accent, and needs applause to live again—but it’s certainly a side worth exploring. Peter Pan may be the boy who never grows up, but how does that affect him? And what does he look like when he’s no longer putting on that happy persona?
A parody it might be, but we’re really missing out here. We’ll feel it more than ever once the actual Peter Pan Live! airs Thursday.
Screengrab via Funny or Die
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.