- Daenerys’ passive-aggressive smile is a very relatable meme Tuesday 11:18 PM
- Kentucky food truck repurposes ‘LGBTQ’ to support Trump, BBQ Tuesday 8:47 PM
- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Tuesday 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Tuesday 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sabrina’ appears to have an art-copying problem (updated) Tuesday 2:47 PM
- People are crying over these cats’ window-sill romance Tuesday 2:27 PM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme is all about being comforted Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Parody video totally nails what men are like on Tinder Tuesday 1:57 PM
His costumes were elaborate—and he despised them.
And you thought you had some rough childhood memories of Halloween.
Most of us wore some sort of costume—along with some degrees of embarrassment—as children. Sometimes they were store-bought; other times, our loved ones spent days assembling them by hand. Actor Jake Gyllenhaal fell into the latter category. As he explained on Conan on Thursday night, his dad was obsessed with making Halloween costumes, so he often found himself wearing things like spandex or an assortment of boxes.
Had this happened today, Gyllenhaal would surely have been the talk of the Internet. Even so, the ordeal was thoroughly embarrassing for young Jake. One time his father dressed him as a house and installed a chimney on top where adults could put candy. Like disappoinment icing on the embarrassment cake, Gyllenhaal couldn’t even reach the candy. Add to that the fact that he had to wear spandex multiple years, and you can see why these incidents amounted to minor trauma for the accomplished actor.
Screengrab via Team Coco/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.