- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Today 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Today 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Today 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream Today 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Today 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
His costumes were elaborate—and he despised them.
And you thought you had some rough childhood memories of Halloween.
Most of us wore some sort of costume—along with some degrees of embarrassment—as children. Sometimes they were store-bought; other times, our loved ones spent days assembling them by hand. Actor Jake Gyllenhaal fell into the latter category. As he explained on Conan on Thursday night, his dad was obsessed with making Halloween costumes, so he often found himself wearing things like spandex or an assortment of boxes.
Had this happened today, Gyllenhaal would surely have been the talk of the Internet. Even so, the ordeal was thoroughly embarrassing for young Jake. One time his father dressed him as a house and installed a chimney on top where adults could put candy. Like disappoinment icing on the embarrassment cake, Gyllenhaal couldn’t even reach the candy. Add to that the fact that he had to wear spandex multiple years, and you can see why these incidents amounted to minor trauma for the accomplished actor.
Screengrab via Team Coco/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.