- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation 3 Years Ago
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme 3 Years Ago
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings 3 Years Ago
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Today 12:15 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ commercials drop a few big spoilers Today 11:58 AM
- 11 party games for people sick of playing Cards Against Humanity Today 11:45 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy makes the most Curvy Wife Guy pregnancy announcement Today 11:31 AM
- ‘A Fortunate Man’ is a gorgeous, shallow adaptation of a classic novel Today 11:30 AM
- Obama’s ‘Easter worshippers’ tweet upsets conservatives Today 11:04 AM
- Trump responds to impeachment calls: ‘You can’t’ Today 10:43 AM
- Desperate YouTuber goes on ‘holy pilgrimage’ to meet PewDiePie Today 10:33 AM
- Influencer faces 20 years for hiring cousin to threaten man into giving up domain name Today 10:17 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ isn’t actually the end of Marvel’s Phase 3 Today 10:12 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ just obliterated every stupid argument about its place in canon Today 9:24 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ brings us lots of horny Tormund memes Today 8:46 AM
Will the real Trap God please stand up?!
Rapper Gucci Mane is back and better than ever. With a hell of a lot less gold in his mouth, the new and improved artist is flexing some rock-hard abs and actually wearing T-shirts after his early release from an Indiana penitentiary in May. His “Welcome Home” party at Atlanta’s Elan Mansion was lit enough to monument his official return, and it is safe to say the Trap God is finally back in the game.
Gucci Mane’s drastic glow up, however, has left many perplexed. The internet has become a hub for conspiracy theorists to debate on whether the man we now see is, in fact, the real Radric Davis. So inevitably, we, too, have to ask:
Gucci Mane … is that really you?
Though many theories are circulating on social media, it seems that fans are most convinced that the rebirth of Gucci Mane is actually a clone created by the government.
Yes, a clone.
Much of the traction began after the satirical news site ThingsUThink.com published an article claiming that Lil Boosie does not buy the Gucci Mane comeback:
I rock with Gucci the long way but that ain’t the real Gucci, we both sitting in the studio and he seemed lost and after his show at Mansion he called me Herman” -Lil Boosie
(For the record, Lil Boosie’s real name is Torrence Hatch and not Herman, but who cares, right?)
Twitter users are taking the possibility of a Gucci Mane replica very seriously, creating a lack of consensus and friction in the Twittersphere. Some are certain that the transformed Gucci is not Gucci at all.
Gucci Mane is currently at Area 51 and they made this clone Gucci to distract us from the fact that J Cole went platinum with no features
— R + L = Deion (@DeionGottaSTFU) June 21, 2016
Others are not convinced that the government would spend time or money on such an elaborate operation, lashing out at the theory’s legitimacy:
Gucci mane not a clone Gucci simply evolved like a Pokemon he’s at his final form
— NASTY FROM THE BLOCK (@__JUICELXRD) June 22, 2016
People think the government cloned gucci mane and that the real one is still locked up lmao why tf would they clone gucci out of all people
— Coan (@FaZeCoan) June 22, 2016
Y’all act like Gucci mane was abducted by aliens in jail & we looking at a clone he grew tf up lol shut up you should do the same.
— FOUND DEAD IN CALI (@astrog1rll) June 21, 2016
lmfao bro gucci being a clone is easily the most headass thing of the year.
— hbíc (@walkwithfaithh) June 21, 2016
Jus cause Gucci got out and matured y’all tryna say its a clone 😭 let mfs live they life
— KYY ⛅️ (@Sheloveskyy) June 21, 2016
So bc Gucci stuck with his girl, started eating healthy and wears a shirt, he’s a clone? 😂😂 society really messed y’all heads up 😂😂😂😂😂😂
— tiki momma (@taryssss) June 21, 2016
Whoever think Gucci has a clone I got pounds of loud going for $1,100, send me your money first.
— RADRIC DAVIS (@TEVO_SPRITE) June 20, 2016
Give me 1 good reason why they would clone Gucci mane out of all people
— ki. (@Mikiah_) June 21, 2016
CIA: Mr. President. We’ve finally perfected cloning and are willing to test it out on civilians.
Obama: Clone Gucci Mane.
— Kazeem Famuyide (@RealLifeKaz) June 21, 2016
In a much anticipated video message to fans, Mane cheekily addressed the clone claims by simply stating he will “neither support or deny those accusations:”
This isn’t the first time fans have convinced themselves that a celebrity has a clone. Not too long ago, people speculated that Beyoncé had a clone after her Lemonade album release.
Even though we cannot refute that Barack Obama and his squad ran a top-secret mission to clone the rapper, we can ask ourselves about its likelihood. So, has prison made Gucci Mane a genuinely changed man…or a genuinely changed man? Drake says that it is none other than Guwop himself.
Dahlia Dandashi is a multimedia content producer. Her work has been published at the Austin American-Statesman and Viceland. An Arab-American raised in Dubai, she is based in Austin, Texas.