- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Today 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Today 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Today 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Today 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Today 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Today 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Today 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
Hey girl, Chad Kroeger is the new Ryan Gosling or something
We can’t explain why Chad Kroeger is spouting feminist theory on Tumblr. We’re just going to roll with it, okay?
The Tumblr account pairs lyrics by Kroeger, the Detroit Lions’ least favorite singer, with quasi-feminist explanations. As noted by the anonymous author: “Hey Girl, Look at this photograph, and think about how it questions the trauma and trans-generation memory in the works of women artists.”
While hatched mere hours ago, the single-purpose Tumblr has already posted five entries, been tipped to the Daily Swarm, and received more than 200 notes.
Much like Hey Girl It’s KStew, written by the YoungCreature, Feminist Chad Kroeger is some sort of genetic mutation of the Ryan Gosling Tumblr phenomenon—and it’s airborne.
Judging from Gosblr, the Daily Dot’s regularly updated database of Ryan Gosling-inspired Tumblr accounts, this is only the beginning.
Austin Powell is the former managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.