- Trump signed an ego tweet sheet for Tomi Lahren–and it features conspiracy theorists Wednesday 6:59 PM
- Attorneys say ICE deleted evidence pertaining to transgender asylum seeker’s death Wednesday 6:24 PM
- Everything you need to know about VSCO filter codes Wednesday 6:17 PM
- Are users prepared to pay for Gmail storage space? Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Facebook pledges $1 billion to fight housing crisis it helped create Wednesday 5:16 PM
- Lizzo officially credits ‘DNA test’ tweet writer on ‘Truth Hurts’ Wednesday 4:50 PM
- Pornhub takes down videos secretly filmed in a college women’s locker room Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google Maps on iPhone now shows you speed traps Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Here’s why you’re seeing ‘rise and shine’ all over social media Wednesday 3:45 PM
- AOC grills Zuckerberg over false political ads on Facebook Wednesday 3:27 PM
- Fox News promotes pro-faith, anti-antifa film ‘The Reliant’ Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Cardi B to star in ‘Fast & Furious 9’ Wednesday 3:12 PM
- AOC on opening her DMs: ‘By this morning, it was trash’ Wednesday 2:26 PM
- The ending to Netflix’s ‘Eli’ has divided viewers Wednesday 2:07 PM
- Teen consumes ungodly amount of meat, becomes meme Wednesday 2:07 PM
Hey girl, Chad Kroeger is the new Ryan Gosling or something
We can’t explain why Chad Kroeger is spouting feminist theory on Tumblr. We’re just going to roll with it, okay?
The Tumblr account pairs lyrics by Kroeger, the Detroit Lions’ least favorite singer, with quasi-feminist explanations. As noted by the anonymous author: “Hey Girl, Look at this photograph, and think about how it questions the trauma and trans-generation memory in the works of women artists.”
While hatched mere hours ago, the single-purpose Tumblr has already posted five entries, been tipped to the Daily Swarm, and received more than 200 notes.
Much like Hey Girl It’s KStew, written by the YoungCreature, Feminist Chad Kroeger is some sort of genetic mutation of the Ryan Gosling Tumblr phenomenon—and it’s airborne.
Judging from Gosblr, the Daily Dot’s regularly updated database of Ryan Gosling-inspired Tumblr accounts, this is only the beginning.
Austin Powell is the former managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.