- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Henri finds the whole spectacle of All Hallows’ Eve quite banal.
You can now add Halloween to the long list of things Henri the Black Cat doesn’t care for.
The disaffected YouTube celebrity comes back from his month-long hiatus to star in a new video uploaded today and entitled “L’Haunting,” the subject of which, appropriately enough, is Halloween.
Like all his previous videos, Henri drops some philosophical truth bombs that would make the syphilitic Nietzsche smile.
“Celebration and ceremony are fool’s errands. Banal symbols, meaningless decorations, white idiots, fraudulent food, even tributes to lost friends. It is all pointless,” Henrie notes in français, the true language of ennui and existential dread. “Only an idiot would surrender his dignity to this folly.”
The nihilistic chat noir isn’t entirely dismissive of the holiday. If you don’t have a Halloween costume yet, fear not. Henri has a suggestion for what’s truly the most frightening outfit of them all: crippling self-doubt.
Photo via HenriLeChatNoir/YouTube
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.