- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
Henri finds the whole spectacle of All Hallows’ Eve quite banal.
You can now add Halloween to the long list of things Henri the Black Cat doesn’t care for.
The disaffected YouTube celebrity comes back from his month-long hiatus to star in a new video uploaded today and entitled “L’Haunting,” the subject of which, appropriately enough, is Halloween.
Like all his previous videos, Henri drops some philosophical truth bombs that would make the syphilitic Nietzsche smile.
“Celebration and ceremony are fool’s errands. Banal symbols, meaningless decorations, white idiots, fraudulent food, even tributes to lost friends. It is all pointless,” Henrie notes in français, the true language of ennui and existential dread. “Only an idiot would surrender his dignity to this folly.”
The nihilistic chat noir isn’t entirely dismissive of the holiday. If you don’t have a Halloween costume yet, fear not. Henri has a suggestion for what’s truly the most frightening outfit of them all: crippling self-doubt.
Photo via HenriLeChatNoir/YouTube
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.