- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
‘Harry Potter’ stars reunite to film new footage for theme park ride
A new scene has been recorded exclusively for a theme park ride at Universal Studios.
Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint are bringing the band back together to film a scene in their roles from the Harry Potter movies. Unfortunately, the only way to watch that scene will be to go to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.
The new Harry Potter footage will be used in a ride taking place in Wizarding London’s Gringotts bank. Set during the scene when Harry, Ron and Hermione break into the bank in disguise, visitors will get to experience the bank heist from the perspective of everyday wizarding customers who get caught in the crossfire.
The three actors will film different versions of their scenes from other angles, and the ride will also include appearances from Bellatrix Lestrange and Voldemort. Visitors will enter through a replica of the Gringotts lobby, complete with goblin bankers, and eventually wind up encountering the 60-foot dragon we see in the movie. Universal Studios has released a trailer for the ride, and it honestly looks awesome.
This is the ideal Harry Potter scene for a theme park ride, because the Gringotts vault trains are basically just a magical rollercoaster. Combine this with the idea that fans will be experiencing a real Harry Potter scene from the inside, and Universal Studios are definitely on to a winner.
Screencap via wingardiumleviosa99/Tumblr
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor