- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Wednesday 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Wednesday 11:21 AM
Harriet Tubman: Courageous. Leader. Moses-like. Hero and friend to Transformers.
In the new Transformers film The Last Knight, it is mentioned that the Transformers had a secret society that helped them throughout history. The secret “order of the Witwiccans” was an organization made up of people who’s purpose it was to protect the Transformers and fight for just causes. They must have had an amazing social network because among their members were Shakespeare, Mozart (can you imagine Autobots getting down to Symphony No. 40?), Stephen Hawking, Harriet Tubman, and Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf). Honestly, without the Witwicky name it’s unclear how Sam made the cut in this all-star lineup.
The historical backstory is a bit of a stretch for the film, but hey, someone had to be protecting them all along. However, many are wondering how the Transformers helped Witwiccans in return. Mainly everyone is wondering how the Tubman-Transformer worked in terms of logistics.
Apparently the new Transformers has a part where Autobots help Harriet Tubman free the slaves.— Zachary (@WashingMachineO) June 22, 2017
I can't believe this is a real movie.
So Harriet Tubman was helped by the Transformers but the Transformers couldn't beat the racists ass to end slavery. Oh okay.— Lola Wayne. (@LexingtonDrive_) June 25, 2017
Harriet Tubman and the transformers saved the slaves you GUYZ— Ｒｙａｎ Ｈｙｎｅｓ (@NouveauArtPunk) June 21, 2017
I will not lie:— Vermillion's Brain (@VermillionBrain) June 21, 2017
I would spend cash money for the Harriet Tubman Transformers spinoff.
Let’s break this down. Tubman was busy during her time helping slaves escape using the underground railroad. Your average Transformer, even in their normal-sized form, sticks out like a sore thumb. Just imagine Tubman, freed slaves, and Transformers all traveling in secret together and staying in safe homes.
By day they freed slaves, by night they battled for Earth. Sounds legit.
Vanna Vasquez is a former intern at the Daily Dot whose work focused on viral news, politics, and YouTube. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, she has also published bylines with BuzzFeed.