- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free 4 Years Ago
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free 4 Years Ago
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
A cryptic and intense trailer for ‘Hannibal’ season 3 is here
We can’t believe we have to wait until summer to see the next episode. Agony!
Close the curtains, pour yourself a glass of wine, and put on your finest waistcoat. The trailer for the third season of Hannibal is finally here, and it’s as atmospheric and emotionally traumatizing as you might expect.
Season 2 ended on the mother of all cliffhangers, with Hannibal and Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson) on the run while everyone else tried to recover from the bloodbath Hannibal left behind. This trailer proves that Will Graham is (obviously) alive and well, but everything else is rather more obscure. As it should be, since season 3 won’t air until this summer.
“I forgive you,” Will, really? Why? What does it mean?
We won’t understand details like that until the season actually airs, but there’s definitely other information to be gleaned from this trailer. Hannibal and Bedelia are shown in what appears to be Florence, which would fit with elements from the original novels. Showrunner Bryan Fuller has already explained that this season will mash up various ideas from the books Hannibal and Hannibal Rising, saying, “It’s going to be fun to bastardize two novels into one sort of Frankenstein season.”
Clarice Starling, heroine of the books Hannibal and The Silence of the Lambs, will probably not show up in the TV series because MGM still owns the rights to the character. However, several other familiar characters are still fair game, including serial killer Francis Dolarhyde, who will be played by The Hobbit‘s Richard Armitage. We’re still rooting for Bryan Fuller’s ultimate dream casting to happen, though: David Bowie as Hannibal’s uncle, Count Robert Lecter. Can you even imagine?
Photo via NBC/Hannibal
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.