- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
A cryptic and intense trailer for ‘Hannibal’ season 3 is here
We can’t believe we have to wait until summer to see the next episode. Agony!
Close the curtains, pour yourself a glass of wine, and put on your finest waistcoat. The trailer for the third season of Hannibal is finally here, and it’s as atmospheric and emotionally traumatizing as you might expect.
Season 2 ended on the mother of all cliffhangers, with Hannibal and Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson) on the run while everyone else tried to recover from the bloodbath Hannibal left behind. This trailer proves that Will Graham is (obviously) alive and well, but everything else is rather more obscure. As it should be, since season 3 won’t air until this summer.
“I forgive you,” Will, really? Why? What does it mean?
We won’t understand details like that until the season actually airs, but there’s definitely other information to be gleaned from this trailer. Hannibal and Bedelia are shown in what appears to be Florence, which would fit with elements from the original novels. Showrunner Bryan Fuller has already explained that this season will mash up various ideas from the books Hannibal and Hannibal Rising, saying, “It’s going to be fun to bastardize two novels into one sort of Frankenstein season.”
Clarice Starling, heroine of the books Hannibal and The Silence of the Lambs, will probably not show up in the TV series because MGM still owns the rights to the character. However, several other familiar characters are still fair game, including serial killer Francis Dolarhyde, who will be played by The Hobbit‘s Richard Armitage. We’re still rooting for Bryan Fuller’s ultimate dream casting to happen, though: David Bowie as Hannibal’s uncle, Count Robert Lecter. Can you even imagine?
Photo via NBC/Hannibal
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor