- How to watch ‘Kidding’ for free 4 Years Ago
- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch TruTV online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
Gunther from ‘Friends’ delivers an unexpected cover of the show’s main tune
No one told you ‘I’ll Be There For You’ was gonna be this way.
Warning: This post contains autoplaying video.
Whatever happened to Central Perk’s Rachel-obsessed head barista?
It may have been 11 years since James Michael Tyler appeared on Friends as the deadpan Gunther, but he still remembers his glory days on the popular show like it was yesterday. When he’s not answering questions posed by fans online, he’s regaling them with a “cover” of the show’s theme song that befits his character.
In the video below, you’ll see Gunther backed by a set that resembles Rachel and Monica’s apartment. You’ll probably expect him to start off with his usual morose self but eventually give in to the upbeat power of The Rembrandts’ “I’ll Be There for You.” Instead, he reminds you of what makes Gunther the Gunther we all grew to love those many years ago: a depressingly sad man who is in dire need of a hug.
“I’ll be there for you, when something something something else happens.” Perhaps a Friends movie, Gunther? A fan can dream.
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.