- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors 5 Years Ago
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner 5 Years Ago
- Reddit users share stories of the worst things guests have done in their homes Today 1:25 PM
- WikiLeaks lawyer says Trump offered Assange a pardon—if he’d deny Russian hack Today 1:16 PM
- 6-year-old placed in psychiatric facility for ‘trantrum’ is seen acting calm in body cam footage Today 1:05 PM
- Amy Klobuchar devouring Ivanka Trump is the 2020 vore crossover no one wanted Today 12:32 PM
- Review: Hulu’s ‘Devs’ is a brilliant work of near-future science fiction Today 11:53 AM
- Rapper Pop Smoke dead at 20 Today 11:42 AM
- KSI says he will back Team YouTube if Logan Paul fights Antonio Brown Today 11:29 AM
- William Barr questions whether tech companies should be protected for user content Today 11:10 AM
- The Bloomberg campaign has reached its post-parody zenith Today 10:35 AM
- Ben Affleck explains why he lied about his back tattoo Today 10:28 AM
- Kim Kardashian West accidentally praises Jeff Bezos for threatening to fire employees Today 10:19 AM
- Young Thug blasted for intentionally misgendering Dwayne Wade’s daughter Today 10:17 AM
- Is the Lovers and Friends festival a Fyre fiasco waiting to happen? Today 10:16 AM
Grab a glass and stumble into our Golden Globes drinking game
And the award for most shots goes to…
While the Golden Globes is Hollywood’s most notoriously boozy awards show, we feel like you should match that revelry at home in your PJs as you yell at the television when Matt Bomer doesn’t win. (Seriously, he’s been shut out for The Normal Heart way too many times.)
To help, we’ve crafted yet another fool-proof drinking game that will have you tipsy before they get to the In Memoriam segment.
The rules: Whenever the below happens, you drink as much as we say. (Or, heck, as much as you want. It’s your night.)
What you need: A television with cable, Slingbox, or a hookup to your parents’ cable, plus alcohol and (hopefully) friends.
Do a shot
When a guy finally wears something that’s not a boring black tux. Double shots for anyone in a kilt.
Take the smallest sip
For every celebrity who can’t remember who designed his or her outfit.
When someone says they picked out their outfit just a few minutes before they got in the limo. They are a liar.
When anyone utters the phrase, “It’s an honor just to be nominated.”
Reluctantly take a drink
Whenever they make a Boyhood joke. There will be so many Boyhood jokes.
When Tina Fey or Amy Poehler note the fact that Parks and Recreation got no nomination, and that sucks.
Take a medium sip
When you pretend you’ve seen all the foreign language films and have an opinion on who should win. “Ida was clearly superior to Tangerines…”
Take a giant gulp
At the inevitable Into the Woods musical moment.
Finish your glass
Every time someone mispronounces Quvenzhané.
Drink and then lay facedown in shame
When someone makes a racist or sexist faux pas.
Shotgun a beer
If a group of nominees do a planned bit while their category is being read by the presenters.
Cheers your champagne
When someone who really deserves it wins big.
Do a beer-and-liquor-bomb of your choice
If someone gets caught shit-talking on camera, or whispering things like, “Who’s that?”
Put a straw in your glass and just keep it coming
When the boring categories (screenplay, composing) start.
Take a big swig
When Meryl Streep is on screen. You do this to honor her genius.
If you did all this, you are very drunk. Go celebrate with an entire pizza, because real winners get pizza.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.