- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food 5 Years Ago
- Government sues Edward Snowden for breaking a non-disclosure agreement 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Olympiacos in the Champions League 5 Years Ago
- ‘Love Island’ star’s Instagram photo doctored for MAGA hat ad Today 1:16 PM
- Los Tigres del Norte carry on Johnny Cash’s legacy in stellar Folsom Prison concert film Today 1:05 PM
- Keke Palmer’s ‘sorry to this man’ meme is perfect Today 12:59 PM
- Hoodies with fake bullet holes from prominent school shootings spark outrage Today 12:44 PM
- Instagram apologizes for censoring pictures of fish Today 12:40 PM
- George R.R. Martin clarifies some things about the ‘Game of Thrones’ Targaryen prequel Today 12:20 PM
- Bill Mitchell, the Trump-loving QAnon scammer, is pushing ammunition for a civil war Today 11:53 AM
- How to stream Tigres vs. Cruz Azul in the Leagues Cup final Today 11:48 AM
- How to stream Bayern Munich vs. Belgrade Red Star in Champions League action Today 11:36 AM
- HBO Max gains the streaming rights to ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Today 11:30 AM
- Everyone hates this Russian rapper’s pro-Putin music video Today 10:34 AM
- Skull fire logs are here to make you look like a gleeful murderer Today 10:30 AM
Grab a glass and stumble into our Golden Globes drinking game
And the award for most shots goes to…
While the Golden Globes is Hollywood’s most notoriously boozy awards show, we feel like you should match that revelry at home in your PJs as you yell at the television when Matt Bomer doesn’t win. (Seriously, he’s been shut out for The Normal Heart way too many times.)
To help, we’ve crafted yet another fool-proof drinking game that will have you tipsy before they get to the In Memoriam segment.
The rules: Whenever the below happens, you drink as much as we say. (Or, heck, as much as you want. It’s your night.)
What you need: A television with cable, Slingbox, or a hookup to your parents’ cable, plus alcohol and (hopefully) friends.
Do a shot
When a guy finally wears something that’s not a boring black tux. Double shots for anyone in a kilt.
Take the smallest sip
For every celebrity who can’t remember who designed his or her outfit.
When someone says they picked out their outfit just a few minutes before they got in the limo. They are a liar.
When anyone utters the phrase, “It’s an honor just to be nominated.”
Reluctantly take a drink
Whenever they make a Boyhood joke. There will be so many Boyhood jokes.
When Tina Fey or Amy Poehler note the fact that Parks and Recreation got no nomination, and that sucks.
Take a medium sip
When you pretend you’ve seen all the foreign language films and have an opinion on who should win. “Ida was clearly superior to Tangerines…”
Take a giant gulp
At the inevitable Into the Woods musical moment.
Finish your glass
Every time someone mispronounces Quvenzhané.
Drink and then lay facedown in shame
When someone makes a racist or sexist faux pas.
Shotgun a beer
If a group of nominees do a planned bit while their category is being read by the presenters.
Cheers your champagne
When someone who really deserves it wins big.
Do a beer-and-liquor-bomb of your choice
If someone gets caught shit-talking on camera, or whispering things like, “Who’s that?”
Put a straw in your glass and just keep it coming
When the boring categories (screenplay, composing) start.
Take a big swig
When Meryl Streep is on screen. You do this to honor her genius.
If you did all this, you are very drunk. Go celebrate with an entire pizza, because real winners get pizza.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.