- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are 5 Years Ago
- AirPods are getting that sweet, sweet Black Friday price drop Today 4:24 PM
- Looking for a Nintendo Switch? Black Friday deals are here Today 4:04 PM
- Facebook copies Instagram with experimental ‘Popular Photos’ feature Today 3:58 PM
- This iPhone app says it will alert you if you’ve been hacked Today 2:43 PM
- ‘Marvel’s Hero Project’ is the wholesome content 2019 needs Today 2:40 PM
- Get more out of VSCO with VSCO search Today 2:09 PM
- Twitter carves out ‘cause-based’ advocacy exemption in political ads ban Today 2:06 PM
- Disney+ accounts are being hacked—here’s how to protect yourself Today 1:52 PM
- Instagram is hiding likes globally and searching for a ‘well-being’ product researcher Today 1:42 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ opens up its mythology even further in ‘Chapter 2’ Today 12:54 PM
- Want to buy a drone on a budget? We’ve got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- ‘Simpsons’ writer accuses Republicans of stealing Sideshow Bob’s defense Today 12:49 PM
- Keanu Reeves’ appearance in ‘SpongeBob Movie’ trailer quickly becomes a meme Today 12:35 PM
- Charli XCX makes the band in Netflix’s ‘Nasty Cherry’ Today 12:33 PM
Darren Criss drops hints about the song he wrote for the ‘Glee’ series finale
It’s the first time a ‘Glee’ cast member has written a song for the show.
Criss, who plays Blaine Anderson on the show, began tweeting handwritten lyrics to his original song, “This Time,” on Tuesday.
Fans usually know the song titles and lyrics weeks before an episode, since Glee regularly covers pop songs and throwback classics. However, they’ve occasionally dipped into fully original songs, starting in season two. Criss’ tracks mark the first time a cast member has contributed wholly original music to be used on the Glee stage.
Criss already had one original song of his featured in last week’s episode, with “Rise” highlighting the episode’s climax where the New Directions and the Warblers join forces to form a super show choir.
“This Time” will be sung by Lea Michelle’s Rachel Berry character in the second hour of the finale. Fan, naturally, are freaking out about the slow tease.
Fans will likely be able to hear the final track on Monday. Glee typically releases each episode’s soundtrack on iTunes at the beginning of the week. The two-hour series finale airs Friday.
Screengrab via Broadwaycom/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.