- Kentucky food truck repurposes ‘LGBTQ’ to support Trump, BBQ Tuesday 8:47 PM
- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Tuesday 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Tuesday 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sabrina’ appears to have an art-copying problem (updated) Tuesday 2:47 PM
- People are crying over these cats’ window-sill romance Tuesday 2:27 PM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme is all about being comforted Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Parody video totally nails what men are like on Tinder Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Twitch star AriLove latest woman to be arbitrarily banned for ‘sexually suggestive’ attire Tuesday 1:47 PM
Darren Criss drops hints about the song he wrote for the ‘Glee’ series finale
It’s the first time a ‘Glee’ cast member has written a song for the show.
Criss, who plays Blaine Anderson on the show, began tweeting handwritten lyrics to his original song, “This Time,” on Tuesday.
Fans usually know the song titles and lyrics weeks before an episode, since Glee regularly covers pop songs and throwback classics. However, they’ve occasionally dipped into fully original songs, starting in season two. Criss’ tracks mark the first time a cast member has contributed wholly original music to be used on the Glee stage.
Criss already had one original song of his featured in last week’s episode, with “Rise” highlighting the episode’s climax where the New Directions and the Warblers join forces to form a super show choir.
“This Time” will be sung by Lea Michelle’s Rachel Berry character in the second hour of the finale. Fan, naturally, are freaking out about the slow tease.
Fans will likely be able to hear the final track on Monday. Glee typically releases each episode’s soundtrack on iTunes at the beginning of the week. The two-hour series finale airs Friday.
Screengrab via Broadwaycom/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.