- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
Will the women of ‘Girls’ finally figure it out in its final season?
Hannah and company have one last chance to get things right.
Going into its sixth and final season, Girls has had lost much of the buzz that built up early in its run, but creatively the show is as strong as ever. Hannah (creator, star, and lightning rod Lena Dunham) and company remain blissfully unaware of their narcissism, and yet, the show continues to find new emotional depths to plumb. Hannah is no closer to being the voice of a generation she proclaimed in the pilot episode, but she (and the show) still has a lot to say.
Screengrab via Television Promos/YouTube
Girls season 6 cast
All of the main players are back to send the show off properly, as well as guest stars Chelsea Peretti, 2016 breakout star Riz Ahmed, The Americans’ Matthew Rhys, and old stalwarts Jon Glaser and Colin Quinn.
Girls season 6 plot
Last season ended with Hannah returning to writing and (at least temporarily) coming to peace with Jessa (Jemima Kirke) and Adam’s (Adam Driver) relationship. Marnie (Allison Williams) and mercurial Ray (Alex Karpovsky) are starting up their own thing, but Marnie’s ex-husband Desi (Ebon Moss-Bachrach) is still looking. And after a year adrift, Shoshonna (Zosia Mamet) found some direction.
But of course, any happiness or peace on Girls is sure to be short-lived. The characters will almost certainly find new ways to sabotage themselves. Or will they? Despite what the endless stream of thinkpieces will tell you, the characters have evolved from where they were when we met them. The changes have been incremental, but the gains have been hard-fought. So there is a decent chance they find some level of contentment to go out on, but there will be plenty of intensely awkward, hilarious, and sincere moments along the way.
Girls season 6 trailer
Girls has released two trailers to date.
The second trailer, released in January, raises the emotional stakes:
Girls season 6 premiere date
The final season of Girls premieres on HBO on Sunday, Feb. 12.
Eddie Strait is a member of the Austin Film Critic Association. His reviews focus primarily on streaming entertainment, with an emphasis on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and other on-demand services.